PDA

View Full Version : Gift for leavers?

Snowwhite
17-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Just wondering if anyone tends to buy a small gift/large gift for a minded one who is due to leave for good due to starting full time school, or if perhaps you don't buy anything and just wish them all the best?

loocyloo
17-06-2015, 12:22 PM
I usually order some personalised pencils or stickers.
PTS are great for stickers.

Mouse
17-06-2015, 12:33 PM
I always get something when a child leaves and try to get something personal to them. If they haven't been here long I get them a copy of a book that they've enjoyed here, but if they've been here a while I like to get something special.

This year I am buying one mindee a sandwich toaster! Since he's been here Tuesday has become known as Toastie Tuesday as that's what we always have for lunch, at his request. He would have them every day, but we limit it to a Tuesday. His mum says he is desperate for a sandwich toaster at home, so I've told her I'll get him one when he finishes next month :thumbsup:

loocyloo
17-06-2015, 12:41 PM
I always get something when a child leaves and try to get something personal to them. If they haven't been here long I get them a copy of a book that they've enjoyed here, but if they've been here a while I like to get something special.

This year I am buying one mindee a sandwich toaster! Since he's been here Tuesday has become known as Toastie Tuesday as that's what we always have for lunch, at his request. He would have them every day, but we limit it to a Tuesday. His mum says he is desperate for a sandwich toaster at home, so I've told her I'll get him one when he finishes next month :thumbsup:

Love it! :-)

Snowwhite
17-06-2015, 12:51 PM
I usually order some personalised pencils or stickers. PTS are great for stickers. Loocyloo what is PTS? I quite like the idea of personalised pencils or stickers. I guess they aren't too expensive either?

moggy
17-06-2015, 01:53 PM
If you have some nice photos of the child (old obs photos and nice photos of them having fun at yours) Snapfish are doing a free 5x7 landscape soft cover photobook (just pay £1.99 postage). I have just ordered one! It was from a link on this forum a few days ago.
Makes a lovely present and very personal, something the child can always keep and look back on.

kellib
17-06-2015, 02:13 PM
I get them a personalised cushion made as they love the ones I have in the house for my son.

I have one leaving next week after 4 years here!

loocyloo
17-06-2015, 03:48 PM
Loocyloo what is PTS? I quite like the idea of personalised pencils or stickers. I guess they aren't too expensive either?

Pts is primary teaching services.
They don't do pencils but lots of other bits. Very reasonable and very fast delivery!
I think you can ask for a catalogue and get some free stickers.
I generally order online.

Snowwhite
17-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Thanks.
Good to know what you all do

fluff1975
08-07-2015, 09:30 PM
I take them to build-a-bear, and then we go for a drink and a nibble in a café. I make a right old fuss of them! My own daughters Childminder took her when she left, and 10 years later that bear is still a favourite, and she can remember the whole stuffing of the bear process too!

Maza
08-07-2015, 09:58 PM
I've got two leaving to start school in a few weeks. I have bought them a CD and book called 'The Kissing Hand'. It's about starting school. I used to read it to my daughter when she was about to start school and it always brought a lump to my throat. x

mummyMia
11-07-2015, 02:08 PM
I give a present to the children that have been with me for a while. Usually a toy with a budget of £10. I try choose something special they would really like. For short term contracts I don't give anything.

smurfette
11-07-2015, 09:11 PM
I have started doing a photobook with the photos of the leaving mindee with their friends from here doing activities .. Just ones I have taken while here..
I think it's lovely gives a real flavour of what they did while with me and a picture in their head of what their friends looked like .. Mine usually leave by preschool so I find they don't remember ! Parents love it and it doesn't cost much

alex__17
12-07-2015, 08:18 AM
I'm doing a little photo book and a personalised book bag tag for my one leaving for school this sept, and will do a special trip on her last day or go somewhere for a final lunch