PDA

View Full Version : Non payer

rsowter
16-06-2015, 10:14 AM
Have a parent who owes me money and unfortunately she done this to her previous minder 😡
Am I able to let her new minder know as a heads up ??

shortstuff
16-06-2015, 10:16 AM
To be fair although it would be very tempting I think you would find yourself in trouble with data protection. :panic:

rsowter
16-06-2015, 10:22 AM
I did think that I'm just so angry and frustrated :( it's now with solicitors and they are not even acknowledging it with them x x

Simona
16-06-2015, 01:13 PM
Have a parent who owes me money and unfortunately she done this to her previous minder ��
Am I able to let her new minder know as a heads up ??

As a service provider you are entitled to get references for parents....so you can approach the previous provider and so on.
These are not the same as getting the 'head up' but to enter into a legally binding contract....references should be professional, confidential and would not breach Data Protection

Do check with your association about this...I always get 2 names as referees and parents have never questioned this....the names of referees are given by the parents and go in the contract.

To ensure you are not left without payment consider taking a 4 weeks deposit that will cover non payment for 4 weeks....after that you need to review the terms of payment.

hectors house
16-06-2015, 01:22 PM
Hope your legal team get you some money back soon - It may not be allowed but I think I would phone the new childminder and let them know to insist on money in advance and this parent has a history of not paying. I would also phone tax credits (if parents claim) and let them know that the money parent has claimed for childcare has been used for other things - the sooner the childcare tax credits are paid into a voucher account like the employers ones the better.