PDA

View Full Version : Good quality skipping rope

Maza
15-06-2015, 12:59 PM
Can't seem to find a decent skipping rope anywhere - such a basic, classic resource! All the ones I have bought seem to have a 'rope' that is just too light or just coils in the middle. Can anyone recommend a decent one? I am after a children's one that they use by themselves (ie NOT one where two people hold/turn the ends and the child skips in the middle). Thanks

lollipop kid
15-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Can't seem to find a decent skipping rope anywhere - such a basic, classic resource! All the ones I have bought seem to have a 'rope' that is just too light or just coils in the middle. Can anyone recommend a decent one? I am after a children's one that they use by themselves (ie NOT one where two people hold/turn the ends and the child skips in the middle). Thanks

What about this one?

Buy Traditional Skipping Rope | John Lewis (http://www.johnlewis.com/traditional-skipping-rope/p230417802)

L

FloraDora
15-06-2015, 08:35 PM
The best skipping ropes we had at school came from here:

Buy 7ft skipping ropes | Skipping4Schools (http://skipping4schools.co.uk/buy-skipping-stuff/buy-7ft-skipping-ropes.html)

My school were skipping mad, we always used to win a competition that gave a visit from these 'experts' for free which helped.

My current skipping ropes for the LO's were the 4 coloured ones from Sainsburys Active Kids - they are just right length to be thrown over heads and then jumped over.

Best ever skipping rope we have in our house is a boxing one - leather, turns wonderfully but designed for older children/ youths.

mumofone
15-06-2015, 09:08 PM
I was so gutted when my mindee said she didn't like skipping! :-( I used to love it!

Maza
15-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Thanks lollipop kid, I forgot about John Lewis. I'll check it out next time I'm in town.

Maza
15-06-2015, 09:28 PM
Thanks Floradora. They are 7ft - presumably that is the right size for ks1? Do you just wrap it around the handles until it is the right size?

I've ordered the ones from Active kids - good to know they are okay. They won't be here until September though, which is why I'm looking for one now - I wanted one for over Summer.

AgentTink
16-06-2015, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the link for floradora and also to Maza for posting this question. I was only saying the other day how rubbish my daughters skipping ropes where. They seem far to light and always tangle around themselves. So I have just purchased one of the school style ones and will let you know how it is when it arrives.

lollipop kid
16-06-2015, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the link for floradora and also to Maza for posting this question. I was only saying the other day how rubbish my daughters skipping ropes where. They seem far to light and always tangle around themselves. So I have just purchased one of the school style ones and will let you know how it is when it arrives.

I've just come across this supplier of skipping ropes:

It looks a lot like the kind of thing I played with as a child, only there were just two big knots where the handles are (so you could get the right length!) I got so excited when I saw this!!! (I'm just a big kid.)

Skipping Rope - (http://www.master-ropemakers.co.uk/skipping-rope-p-775.html)

Does this help, Maza?

(I've tried plastic ones that have been mentioned earlier - my daughter got these when she was at school. I didn't get on with them at all, so I made her a skipping rope out of washing line rope. That's the fabric kind, not the plastic kind. It was fab!)

Hope it helps,

L

AgentTink
14-07-2015, 05:42 PM
I ordered the skipping rope recommended by FloraDora and I am thrilled with it. My daughters loves it and it turns out they are the same ones she uses in school. My daughters skipping has improved no end and the rope doesn,t tangle. :thumbsup: