PDA

View Full Version : Fathers day

mumofone
15-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Anyone making anything with their mindees for Father's Day?

watford wizz
15-06-2015, 01:14 PM
We are doing photo collages on canvases. Something for dads to hang in their offices or back of outside loo door! Lol

lollipop kid
15-06-2015, 01:21 PM
Anyone making anything with their mindees for Father's Day?

I would love to hear your ideas, Mumofone - I'm sure you've got loads!?

:)

L

lollipop kid
15-06-2015, 01:24 PM
I will be digging my list out tonight so we can get onto it tomorrow and give to the Dads. (I made a big list of 'ideas' up for the various occasions when I first started and popped it into my "Planning" folder).

:D

L

kellib
15-06-2015, 02:57 PM
I just let the kids loose with the art stuff today, I think it means more when it's something they've thought of themselves.

One LO drew pictures of swimming with Dad as that's what they do together, another made a card full of love heart stickers to show Dad how much he's loved!

loocyloo
15-06-2015, 03:55 PM
I just let the kids loose with the art stuff today, I think it means more when it's something they've thought of themselves.

One LO drew pictures of swimming with Dad as that's what they do together, another made a card full of love heart stickers to show Dad how much he's loved!

Mine have been making cards with the contents of my craft box.
My plan this week is to make chocolate slabs decorated with sweets...hopefully we'll get it done ... but if not ... more choc for me to eat!

lollipop kid
15-06-2015, 05:23 PM
While my mindees will be doing something lovely for their Dads, I let my (nearly 8 year old) DS choose what to do for his own Dad.

He promptly grabbed a spare toilet roll out of the loo, tied a ribbon around it, and has put it safely away to give to his Daddy on Father's Day. (To explain, his Dad had a cold last week - at least, I hope that's the connection!) :laughing:

L

miffy
15-06-2015, 06:37 PM
While my mindees will be doing something lovely for their Dads, I let my (nearly 8 year old) DS choose what to do for his own Dad.

He promptly grabbed a spare toilet roll out of the loo, tied a ribbon around it, and has put it safely away to give to his Daddy on Father's Day. (To explain, his Dad had a cold last week - at least, I hope that's the connection!) :laughing:

L

Brilliant! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Miffy xx

mumofone
15-06-2015, 07:57 PM
I would love to hear your ideas, Mumofone - I'm sure you've got loads!?

:)

L

Haha no!! :-) Was looking for inspiration! My mindee made a card.

FloraDora
15-06-2015, 08:17 PM
I think Father's Day is between child and dad and family should organise a gift.

Traditionally children make cards at nurseries and primary schools.

My LO are making a card and like others have said, it's child designed and produced.

The ones made today iare very scribbly pictures representing daddy :
daddy holding hands with LO with snails and a worm and a spider prominent.
A mass of circles with a couple of lines ( legs) and a scribbly hair which is daddy playing football. This one had some heart stickers from the sticker box and an alien.
I did offer all the paint/ craft but new felt tip pens won today. Tomorrows children, are likely to paint or collage I think.

I will mount them onto a card and the LO will 'write' inside. All their own work.

Mouse
15-06-2015, 08:23 PM
I'm doing what I did a few years ago with my 3 & 4yr old mindees.

I simply print "My Daddy" at the top of an A4 sheet of paper. The children then draw a picture of their daddy.

I ask them questions about their daddy and write their responses on the sheet - I get some great replies!

I ask them things like "what's your daddy's favourite food", "how old is daddy", "what funny things does your daddy do". I've learnt so much about the dads and what they get up to at home :laughing:

I roll the paper up into a scroll and tie it with a piece of ribbon.

Maza
15-06-2015, 08:26 PM
I'm doing what I did a few years ago with my 3 & 4yr old mindees.

I simply print "My Daddy" at the top of an A4 sheet of paper. The children then draw a picture of their daddy.

I ask them questions about their daddy and write their responses on the sheet - I get some great replies!

I ask them things like "what's your daddy's favourite food", "how old is daddy", "what funny things does your daddy do". I've learnt so much about the dads and what they get up to at home :laughing:

I roll the paper up into a scroll and tie it with a piece of ribbon.

Love it! Might have to steal this idea. I bet I'll be rolling around laughing at some of the responses!

mumofone
15-06-2015, 08:49 PM
I'm doing what I did a few years ago with my 3 & 4yr old mindees. I simply print "My Daddy" at the top of an A4 sheet of paper. The children then draw a picture of their daddy. I ask them questions about their daddy and write their responses on the sheet - I get some great replies! I ask them things like "what's your daddy's favourite food", "how old is daddy", "what funny things does your daddy do". I've learnt so much about the dads and what they get up to at home :laughing: I roll the paper up into a scroll and tie it with a piece of ribbon.

Such a lovely idea :-)

Mrs Scrubbit
15-06-2015, 09:31 PM
What a lovely idea Mouse.....def. a steal, thanks:D

natlou82
15-06-2015, 09:53 PM
Ha ha Mouse, looks like your idea is very popular I might steal it too lol!

lollipop kid
16-06-2015, 05:05 AM
Another steal here. (I was going to do a "Footprints" card.)

But I love Mouse's idea. So lovely!!!

Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

L