PDA

View Full Version : Superseded policies

mumofone
12-06-2015, 03:10 PM
When you change one of your policies what do you do with the old one? Do you keep it for reference? Also do you version number them? I'm changing one of mine but parents have signed to say hey received it but the contents now changed so how do I document this?

Maza
12-06-2015, 03:19 PM
I keep an online copy but bin any paper copies. I take it is a policy that you want all parents to read and be aware of the changes? I would email it to them (all dated) and just get them to email back saying that they have received and read it. Save/print the email. I'm pretty sure a lot of parents don't read all of the policies and just sign anyway, so you could always highlight the changes so that they don't have to read the whole thing - also that way it makes the changes obvious, as not all parents will notice any changes - they won't have memorised your old policies.

mumofone
12-06-2015, 06:43 PM
I keep an online copy but bin any paper copies. I take it is a policy that you want all parents to read and be aware of the changes? I would email it to them (all dated) and just get them to email back saying that they have received and read it. Save/print the email. I'm pretty sure a lot of parents don't read all of the policies and just sign anyway, so you could always highlight the changes so that they don't have to read the whole thing - also that way it makes the changes obvious, as not all parents will notice any changes - they won't have memorised your old policies.

Great thanks maza :-) :-)

Simona
13-06-2015, 08:44 AM
When you change one of your policies what do you do with the old one? Do you keep it for reference? Also do you version number them? I'm changing one of mine but parents have signed to say hey received it but the contents now changed so how do I document this?

your policies will need updating regularly to reflect the constant changes by DfE...it is recommended once a year or as needed
Some need updating more than others such as SEND

The ethos of your practice will not have changed so all you do is make the changes you want and at the bottom put: Policy updated and the date...that is your proof. Then provide the policy for the parents to sign....hopefully they will also have read them.