PDA

View Full Version : Nhs student bursary

shmuck9681
11-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Have a mum who is just started in uni, her 1 St year she has one lo 6 and one 2 with the school holidays approaching she is going to need care 8-6 but how can this be put in school time as wouldn't normally charge a b4 and after school a retainer for school time but the last 3 months she has racked up bills of £1000 with uni as I have only been charging her the hours the children actually attend it sounds like I have been paying myself short as I am technically keeping 2 spaces 8-6 what would others charge for these children??? Thx x

Mouse
11-06-2015, 02:13 PM
Is the older child with you before & after school during term time, then full days during the holidays? And the younger child is with you 8-6 all year round?

I would charge like that. Full time 8-6 for the younger child and for the older child I would charge 8-9am and 3-6pm term time and 8-6 during the holidays.

You say mum has a £1000 bill with uni? Have you been paid? Will uni cover fees during the holidays?

shmuck9681
11-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Yes I have been paid but some days it's am some days it's pm some days it's 8-6 hours never the same but from 6th july will be 40 hours a week as will be on placement and they will cover holidays as March starters don't have same holidays as schools. Just all seams a bit silly as if I put older ones hours as 8-9 and 3-6 come the school holidays mum is going to be really short paying for childcare???? Thx

Mouse
11-06-2015, 03:40 PM
Is this on your contract you need to put it, or on a uni form?

When I have varying hours I make a note:

Term time (with dates) 8am - 9am and 3pm - 6pm £x
School holidays (with dates) 8am - 6pm £y

If uni won't pay a varying amount she could claim an average.

shmuck9681
11-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Both and they have just worked out average for last 3 months meaning they really underpaying her expecting her to pull out approx 50% herself for next 4 weeks which is a lot, then by the time they do next invoice update due September they are going to be really underpaying expecting her to find 80% roughly herself throughout 6 weeks holidays also I do give 4 week holiday per year so what would I do whilst she is off uni as has 3 weeks in August which only 1 week is holidays so do I charge full rate then??? Thx