PDA

View Full Version : Making your own toy catalogue

kmc13
09-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Hi,

Do many of you make your own toy catalogues so children can choose what they would like to play with? Do you find them useful and what's the best way to put one together please?

Thanks

hectors house
09-06-2015, 01:55 PM
i just have an A4 laminated sign that says "What shall we play with today?" with 6 spaces on (3 for morning and 3 for afternoon), I have taken photos on my toy boxes eg: small vehicles, Happyland, dinosaurs and other toys like garage, dolls, buggy, crafts like painting, drawing, playdough etc and I spread them out on the floor (hiding any I really don't want them to choose that day - like cooking!), they choose the picture they want and I go to fetch them from my integral garage/toy storage room.

bunyip
09-06-2015, 05:35 PM
No.

Is this a new thing?

It's childminding, but like Argos-style. ;)

Dragonfly
09-06-2015, 06:54 PM
No, they choose what they would like to play with if its in the house. If they know I have a box of say barbies and they are in the shed they will ask me if I would get them.I don't catalogue my toys, once they have been over a period of time they know what you have and have not.

I also find the more toys you have, the less they play and just scatter them!

Little Dots
10-06-2015, 11:38 AM
I like this idea as a way to rotate toys and the children having a choice of what to play with even if not out. I am planning on rotating certain ones along with tuff spots, sensory play, finger gyms, treasure baskets etc depending on theme/interests/story time. Others are just going to be continuous play stored in boxes with labels on the front. X