PDA

View Full Version : 2 year integrated review

mumofone
09-06-2015, 07:45 AM
I've read that the 2 year progress check may change this year, can anyone tell me what's happening/changing? Sorry if I've missed the discussion elsewhere on the forum (probably!)

Simona
09-06-2015, 08:14 AM
I've read that the 2 year progress check may change this year, can anyone tell me what's happening/changing? Sorry if I've missed the discussion elsewhere on the forum (probably!)

Contact your EY team and they should be able to inform you of the changes coming.
Your EY team must share vital information with providers...make sure they do a regular newsletter.

This information on the foundation Years website will also help you on the integrated review

Integrated Review FAQs | From pregnancy to children aged 5 (http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/2012/09/integrated-review-faqs/)

mumofone
09-06-2015, 08:28 AM
Contact your EY team and they should be able to inform you of the changes coming. Your EY team must share vital information with providers...make sure they do a regular newsletter. This information on the foundation Years website will also help you on the integrated review Integrated Review FAQs | From pregnancy to children aged 5 (http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/2012/09/integrated-review-faqs/)

My EY team? Do you mean my LA?

Simona
09-06-2015, 08:29 AM
My EY team? Do you mean my LA?

Yes...your LA will have an EY team...may be reduced in size but someone will be there to take care of providers.

mumofone
09-06-2015, 11:37 AM
Yes...your LA will have an EY team...may be reduced in size but someone will be there to take care of providers.

Ok thanks simona :-)

moggy
09-06-2015, 12:17 PM
Quite how 'integrated' it will be will depend on the LA.
Our LA has no plans announced yet.
It is not compulsory even for LAs, more of a desire from the top but LA are free to interpret as they wish.
It might just be that LA requests for our 2yr checks to be passed on to HVs by parents (as many of us do anyway), it might be more than that- depends how much thinking-power the LA put behind it!

Until I hear otherwise I carry on as I am: I always give a paper copy to parent to give to HV anyway. If a HV/parent ever invites me to join a HV 2-yr check I am happy to do so if I can and likewise of a parent or I feel we need to speak to a HV we would request that.

Simona
09-06-2015, 12:32 PM
LAs will make the choice of which 'model' they want to use...I believe they are still looking at the trials
The integrated review is supposed to start in Sept 2015...so plenty of time to be informed by our EY teams what they want from us.

Integrated review means providers do it with the HV as part of the Healthy Child Programme....the trials have highlighted some difficult areas in this so, hopefully, these will be ironed out.