PDA

View Full Version : Child sitting time between my setting and nursery- how to work effectively with them?

Kbrands
08-06-2015, 09:41 AM
I have a child who will be doing 2 days at nursery and the rest of the week with me from September.

Any tips for working with the nursery? I was thinking of doing a termly round up form so we can regularly track and compare her progress. Any ideas of what to include in this? I was thinking of making it like a very brief 2 year check form. They might already have something similar so I need to check that.

Any other info I need to gather? What should I be sending/sharing with them to begin with?

Thanks!

hectors house
08-06-2015, 11:50 AM
I have a partnership working form that I get the parents to sign - it just has the following information on
Partnership Working

The Early Years Foundation Stage encourages partnership working. The EYFS Statutory Framework states ‘Providers must enable a regular two-way flow of information with parents and/or carers, and between providers, if a child is attending more than one setting. ’. Children do best when parents/carers and other professionals work together. Please provide information below about other settings your child currently attends. This will enable us to work in partnership by supporting the well-being of your child.

Child’s Name………………………………………⠀¦â€¦â€¦â€¦ Child’s DOB………………………

Then a table underneath for space of name, address and phone number of 2 settings and details of sessions attended and name of Keyworker

I agree that my Registered Childminder -------------may share information with my child’s settings named above.

I agree that the above settings can share information with my Registered Childminder, -------------

Signed……………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦parent/carer

Print Name………………………………………⠀¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦........

Date………………………………………⠀¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..........

I take a photocopy and give a copy to the Nursery when I first go to visit the key worker.

In reality none of the Nurseries share information with me, but I do on-line learning journals and the keyworkers have got a log in and password, so I can prove that I share information with them - it's not my fault that one of them hasn't even logged in since January!

bunyip
08-06-2015, 04:14 PM
Speak to the nursery first. They may already have an information-sharing system. OTOH you might find it's a complete waste of time trying.

Simona
09-06-2015, 08:17 AM
I have a child who will be doing 2 days at nursery and the rest of the week with me from September.

Any tips for working with the nursery? I was thinking of doing a termly round up form so we can regularly track and compare her progress. Any ideas of what to include in this? I was thinking of making it like a very brief 2 year check form. They might already have something similar so I need to check that.

Any other info I need to gather? What should I be sending/sharing with them to begin with?

Thanks!

Please remember this is a 2 way system...the nursery will need to evidence how they share with you too.
Some nurseries are slightly reluctant but keep pushing for info sharing.
Also if you have problems contact your EY team as they can highlight to all providers the need to work in partnership

This will become very important when the 30 hrs funding comes in as more and more children will have to be in various settings to get their funding.

catswhiskers
09-06-2015, 10:35 PM
I've found it's a waste of my valuable time trying to communicate with nurseries that my mindees attended but as long as you can show Ofsted you've tried in any way they will hopefully acknowledge this. Even just a short note to the nurseries to say you will be childminding this child on such and such days and include a photo or an observation and what you are doing with them.

I've sent bits and pieces to a couple of nurseries who have never got back to me in any way but one of them got an outstanding in their Ofsted report around the same time as mine for communicating with other agencies!

Last Friday (my day off) I dropped a copy of a 2 year old progress check (again spent valuable time on) into my local children's centre .........

Kbrands
10-06-2015, 07:54 AM
Thanks all!

Parent signed info sharing permission when child first came to me so that's already done.

Emailed them yesterday and it became apparent very quickly that they don't have anything in place- they didnt even know what I meant and thought I meant splitting funding!!

I've designed a summative assessment and next steps form (with topics, what the child has enjoyed that term and how parents can support learning at home) that I'll now be filling in termly- I can send it to them, even if they don't read it!!

I'm just worried about how it will reflect on my grade if they don't keep in contact with me, but oh well. I suppose if I'm making the effort that's all I can do.

loocyloo
10-06-2015, 08:08 AM
I make a note in LJ everytime I (attempt to) make contact with another setting!
I then write down anything they say or put copies of emails etc in LJ. Shows I'm trying!