PDA

View Full Version : Registered at last!!

Amanda70
08-06-2015, 06:58 AM
Hi after a long journey I'm finally registered. I've been looking at options of learning journals, I've noticed that you can buy paper journals, does anyone use these and what do you think of them?

My head is swirling, HELP!!

mumofone
08-06-2015, 07:31 AM
Hi after a long journey I'm finally registered. I've been looking at options of learning journals, I've noticed that you can buy paper journals, does anyone use these and what do you think of them? My head is swirling, HELP!!

Yay well done! SUCH a long process isn't it?! I'm still not sure what to do with regards to LJs so would be interested to learn what you decide to do :-)

Amanda70
08-06-2015, 08:01 AM
Yay well done! SUCH a long process isn't it?! I'm still not sure what to do with regards to LJs so would be interested to learn what you decide to do :-)

I can't decide between buying the learning journal or tapestry which is also appealing but because I haven't done it before I'm interested to find out what others do

greenfaerie
08-06-2015, 10:06 AM
Congratulations! Personally I go with a paper system, just because of personal taste. I like the physical feel of a paper folder, full of art and photos and observations, like a scrapbook. :) My LA sent me the All About Me and their preferred tracker, so that was a good start for me. I bought button wallets for them, but I'm thinking I might change my mind and go with ring binders, for ease of use.

Amanda70
08-06-2015, 11:21 AM
Congratulations! Personally I go with a paper system, just because of personal taste. I like the physical feel of a paper folder, full of art and photos and observations, like a scrapbook. :) My LA sent me the All About Me and their preferred tracker, so that was a good start for me. I bought button wallets for them, but I'm thinking I might change my mind and go with ring binders, for ease of use.

Thanks, have you ever considered buying a journal from one of the sites or would they just be a waste of money?

greenfaerie
08-06-2015, 01:58 PM
With most of my paperwork I prefer to pick and choose aspects of lots of stuff, as I'm quite fussy. I don't think that I'd buy anything like that, not when it's simple to make your own. I also like to tailor everything to my setting. :) Though I don't know exactly what product you're referring to, if I found something that was absolutely perfect and much nicer to look at than anything that I could do myself then I might buy it.

Little Dots
10-06-2015, 11:48 AM
I'd say ask the parents & maybe tailor to them. Although not registered I had someone come and see me last week, her current childminder does everything electronic and she hates it, she'd much prefer paper journals etc as she can keep them easier and as he husband would be picking little one up she gets to sit and look at it at home with them. X