PDA

View Full Version : Happyland batteries!

mumofone
07-06-2015, 05:01 PM
I've bought quite a bit of happyland second hand and as such lots of it doesn't have working batteries so the sound effects don't work. Can anyone tell me which batteries I need and any good cheap suppliers of these? Thank you :-)

cathtee
07-06-2015, 08:17 PM
I have a lot of 2nd hand stuff that the batteries were dud so I just opened the battery case and it said which ones I needed, mainly AA & AAA although the cars use the watch type batteries most of which I get from the pound or 99p shops x

TinyTinker
08-06-2015, 02:11 PM
I find they are mainly AA or AAA but also some are the small button batteries (like watch batteries). avoid zinc chloride batteries tho as they don't last long - I get mine off ebay- they are called duracell industrial - you get 2x packs of 10 (aa or aaa) for about £4 and they last ages :)

Laurenj22
08-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Hi

I think the majority are your standard AA or AAA batteries, I bought some rechargeable ones along with a plug in charger so I can top them up overnight.

Mouse
08-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Have you tried taking the battery covers off to see which batteries you need?

bunyip
08-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Subtle...............................:rolleyes:

mumofone
08-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Have you tried taking the battery covers off to see which batteries you need?

I was after cheap suppliers!! I guessed a lot of you on here may have happyland obviously I'll know what battery I need before I go to buy them. Maybe my question was worded wrong!!!

mumofone
08-06-2015, 07:04 PM
I have a lot of 2nd hand stuff that the batteries were dud so I just opened the battery case and it said which ones I needed, mainly AA & AAA although the cars use the watch type batteries most of which I get from the pound or 99p shops x

fab thanks i'll get down to 99p stores! :-)

bunyip
09-06-2015, 05:29 PM
I've bought quite a bit of happyland second hand and as such lots of it doesn't have working batteries so the sound effects don't work. Can anyone tell me which batteries I need and any good cheap suppliers of these? Thank you :-)

Tip: don't waste money hiring an expensive electrician to fit the batteries.

IIRC, you can still get the Happyland 'Trusted Traders set' which includes the little Happyland Electrican (to fit those batteries), Happyland Carpenter, to re-hang those wretched Happyland doors that keep falling off all the buildings in Happyland, and the Happyland Solicitor who will pursue breaches of the Equality Act against all those Happyland shopkeepers and their buildings which are just sooooooooooooooooo inaccessible to the Happyland wheelchair users.

:rolleyes:

mumofone
09-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Tip: don't waste money hiring an expensive electrician to fit the batteries. IIRC, you can still get the Happyland 'Trusted Traders set' which includes the little Happyland Electrican (to fit those batteries), Happyland Carpenter, to re-hang those wretched Happyland doors that keep falling off all the buildings in Happyland, and the Happyland Solicitor who will pursue breaches of the Equality Act against all those Happyland shopkeepers and their buildings which are just sooooooooooooooooo inaccessible to the Happyland wheelchair users. :rolleyes:

Yeh what is it about happyland doors, I've been buying second hand and anything WITH a door is marked "rare"!!

I reckon I just about fit a battery....even with my Limited intelligence 😜

Mouse
09-06-2015, 08:04 PM
Apparently ELC make the doors so they come off easily.

The idea is that if they were fixed on more securely they are more likely to be snapped off. So ELC make the doors easy to pull off and clip back in places to save breakages.

I have a box full of random Happyland doors. I haven't a clue what they fit on, but one day I plan to sell them all on Ebay and fund my retirement!

bunyip
09-06-2015, 08:08 PM
We're here to help. :)

Why do Happyland shops have doors anyway? The easiest way into the building is straight through the back wall ................................ since it doesn't have a back wall. :p

ajc
09-06-2015, 08:09 PM
ELC rocket is the worst for doors coming off, they won't stay on the darn thing!

loocyloo
09-06-2015, 08:18 PM
I have a box full of random Happyland doors. I haven't a clue what they fit on, but one day I plan to sell them all on Ebay and fund my retirement!

:-) :-) :-) brilliant!

bunyip
09-06-2015, 08:43 PM
Apparently ELC make the doors so they come off easily.

The idea is that if they were fixed on more securely they are more likely to be snapped off. So ELC make the doors easy to pull off and clip back in places to save breakages.

A very enthusiastic children's centre worker told me the doors were designed to come off easily so they wouldn't hurt if a child stepped or fll on one.

Clearly she's never knelt on a loose Happyland door. :p

Mouse, to make a mint you really need the duck from the magnetic Happyland pond which came with the bizarre farm-with-tractor-speedway-circuit-track. Everybody lost the duck, and they're like gold dust. :thumbsup:

bunyip
09-06-2015, 08:44 PM
Sorry, but no thread including the word "Happyland" will ever stay on-topic.

I think this is actually a forum rule. :D

mumofone
09-06-2015, 08:48 PM
Apparently ELC make the doors so they come off easily. The idea is that if they were fixed on more securely they are more likely to be snapped off. So ELC make the doors easy to pull off and clip back in places to save breakages. I have a box full of random Happyland doors. I haven't a clue what they fit on, but one day I plan to sell them all on Ebay and fund my retirement!

Lol too funny!!

Mouse
09-06-2015, 08:58 PM
Lol too funny!!

Ok, so maybe selling Happyland doors to fund my retirement isn't true, but the bit about the doors is.

I emailed ELC after I'd had to put a door back on for the millionth time and that's what they told me. I asked if you could buy replacements as obviously, if the doors are designed to fall off, they're going to end up getting lost. Unfortunately the brain box who designed the quick release doors hadn't thought about small children puling them off and hiding them.

natlou82
10-06-2015, 05:38 AM
Ha ha this thread is too funny, I'm glad to find out it's not just me with random happyland doors nestled with all the "proper" loose pieces. I gave up trying to put them back on about 3 years ago lol!

Rubybubbles
10-06-2015, 06:23 AM
Oohh feeling "happy" mine all still have doors!

(Although I find them about as painfully as dressing barbies---gah I've just put that on!!)

My collection has sadly gotten smaller and smaller 😞 had a castle and ship, and once upon a time in sure I had a train set as I seem to have a train driver figure!!!

lizduncan72
10-06-2015, 07:34 AM
Oohh feeling "happy" mine all still have doors! (Although I find them about as painfully as dressing barbies---gah I've just put that on!!) My collection has sadly gotten smaller and smaller dde1e had a castle and ship, and once upon a time in sure I had a train set as I seem to have a train driver figure!!!

Mine all still have doors too, just not necessarily on them! lol :)