PDA

View Full Version : Finding it tough going today.

RedDragon
04-08-2008, 01:35 PM
I am finding it a bit hard going today. I've got 5 Mindees and 1 of my own (another 2 of my own upstairs but they are older/no trouble whatsoever).

I don't know if I am doing something wrong but I am really fed up of having to say things more than once:

e.g. all walking together in twos - Me: (in loud voice) "Stop here everyone we are about to cross the road" - 2 children carry on walking oblivious for ages.

We go into a shop Me:"All stand here together while I buy the milk" - as soon as I say that all children start walking round the shop in different directions touching things.

I am finding too that the children who normally get on - as soon as another child arrives for the day 1 of them is pushed out (2 is company 3 is a crowd I suppose), it confuses the child who was in favour 5 minutes earlier and makes my job very difficult.

:panic:

I'm not the type to let things go and make sure everyone is happy/things are fair/no one is hurt/unfairly treated etc but by the end of the day I am exhausted.

It's not as if we don't do interesting things - I really think about what things the children will like to do - today for example we went to my friends (Childminder) house and played in garden, then had lunch, then walk around shops, then home - did colouring/DS game for a little while, played with a farm set, outside to play badminton............................

I feel that I am constantly saying things over and over and that the children are not using the equipment/toys for what they are meant for - so I'm constantly "nagging".

In general they are a great bunch - no nasty behaviour etc but I'm not enjoying it today :panic:

Pudding Girl
04-08-2008, 01:44 PM
I had my day like that yesterday, everything mindee did wound me up immensly, and I will admit I shouted at her :o but figured it was more my state of mind than her really, so left her in the playroom for ten minutes while I colled down, and then threw myself into doing fun stuff, we got all the paints out and drew round ourselves and painted them in, took a long time and by the end it was much much better atmosphere!

Everyone has an off day, so don't beat yourself up about it. Tomorrow will be much better :D

cloud9
04-08-2008, 03:18 PM
It must be contagious but i think i have had 3 weeks of it curse the school holidays!!!:angry:

Dont worry i am holding my head up thinking well it'll all get better soon, well when september comes actually!!!:laughing:

crazybones
04-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Ive had similar today and I think its something to do with the third week of hols for mine. First 2 weeks I had 8/9 of them and all the activities, games and general not being at school was new and fun. This week I only have 6 and 2 of them go at 2.30. Now they have relaxed into the hols they are bickering, forgetting the normal rules, testing me and each other and nothing seems to last longer than 20 minutes before they want to do something else. I have given in and let them on the Wii today for the first time in the hols but they have all gone home now. :D

LOOPYLISA
04-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Ive had similar today and I think its something to do with the third week of hols for mine. First 2 weeks I had 8/9 of them and all the activities, games and general not being at school was new and fun. This week I only have 6 and 2 of them go at 2.30. Now they have relaxed into the hols they are bickering, forgetting the normal rules, testing me and each other and nothing seems to last longer than 20 minutes before they want to do something else. I have given in and let them on the Wii today for the first time in the hols but they have all gone home now. :D

Now i know why we bought a wii he he:laughing:

louise
04-08-2008, 03:28 PM
I feel the same and i only have my ds and 1 mindee! Mindee has taken to jumping everythime we cross a road. I have a feeling it is as my son isn't at preschool so we are less structured. Mind you i have been feeling so tired lately. Oh and it hasn't helped that what ever i do somehow becomes realted to power rangers. My ds 4 has really got into them, you name it everything somehow goes back to them. They gave me a headache last week with them. I felt bad as minde is only 2 1/2 and keeps on going on about them not Bob any more. Mum was fine as i said sorry about it. Well today he turned up with a power ranger figure! Um im hearing about laser blasters as i write. Roll on sept!!

RedDragon
04-08-2008, 03:49 PM
So pleased it's not just me :clapping:

My last one is going 1 hour and 15 mins early (in exactly 11 minutes!) which is a bonus.

Phew, another day over.:)

Mollymop
04-08-2008, 04:38 PM
I know how you feel!

It is ok this week and last week as 2 mindees are on holiday, but when all 3 are together plus my own 2 it can be very tiring, as I am always nagging at them.
1 mindee is fab, she always listens and does as she's told without reminding but the other 2 need constant reminders to wash hands, to flush the toilet, to not run off.
It is exhausting

fionamal
04-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Must be something in the air today. I had the day from hell as well

RedDragon
04-08-2008, 06:03 PM
I love this forum - it can be quite lonely (although you never have a minute on your own when working) at times - you wonder if you are doing everything to the best of your ability, wonder if you are doing too much! wonder if you are appreciated. Knowing there are others in the same boat is a comfort.

LisaH
04-08-2008, 09:00 PM
We all love kids but not during the summer holidays!! Lol

My lot have been awful today too. 7 little squabblers!! Aaaarrgggghh.:angry:

Trouble
04-08-2008, 09:53 PM
i find the best thing for kids in summer is plastic boxes and magnifiying glasses
and send them in the garden to find some alive bugs, they love it and tell them that shortly they get an ice pop when they have found some so they can chat about them, then draw them

and they can look at each others.

it seems to get them all chatting and ask them to find something different by helping each other