PDA

View Full Version : Pushchairs!

JoRo163
04-06-2015, 06:29 PM
So, I need a new double buggy. I had a silver cross side by side stroller, which I liked mainly cos it has nice high handle bars. I'm quite tall so handle height is important. Manoeuvrability isn't the best on it though, so tell me... What do you have & why should I buy one?!!

Thank you!

AliceK
04-06-2015, 06:47 PM
Having had numerous doubles over the years I can honesty say the Nipper 360 is the best IMO. It is slim enough to get through most doorways, including my front door. It handles so well. Today I had 2 x 18mths in the seats, a 2yr old on a buggy board and I could still push it with one hand across the roads whilst holding another childs hand. Sometimes I use it with just 1 child in it because it handles better than my single - a City Mini. I wouldn't change my Nipper for anything else.

xx

moggy
04-06-2015, 08:12 PM
Another vote for Nipper Out'n'About 360. One handed pushing, turning circle like no other, love it (with the extra shopping tray at the bottom).

natlou82
04-06-2015, 08:34 PM
Agreed I also love my Nipper 360! People always think I can't get through gaps but I prove them wrong as its narrower than it looks. It's lightweight and you can push with one hand - fab!

JoRo163
04-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Does anyone know the handle height for the nipper?

natlou82
05-06-2015, 05:43 AM
I'm not sure, obviously not too high as I'm only 5"2 and great for me. Not sure if you can adjust. Do you know anyone who has one so you can try it out?

moggy
05-06-2015, 07:11 AM
Does anyone know the handle height for the nipper?

There are different versions. I have an old version. The new version has adjustable handlebar.

FloraDora
05-06-2015, 09:03 PM
I love that childminders are experts on pushchairs/ buggys !!!
You all sound like my lads and DH about cars andmotorbikes!

How great would Top gear - focus- prams/pushchairs/ buggys/ transport for LO's be???

hectors house
05-06-2015, 09:39 PM
I have a V1 (original model) Out & about nipper, it doesn't fit through doors and hasn't got an adjustable handle but the newer models do. I have recently had 2 children in the buggy and 2 children sat on the front foot plate as we were late getting back home for a parent and it was still easier to push and steer than my single buggy.

I do find mine a little bulky to lift to get into my car boot and always seem to get mud from the front wheel on my trousers but that's probably just me. For the newer models you can buy different wheels that don't get punctures.

AliceK
06-06-2015, 03:08 PM
I have a V1 (original model) Out & about nipper, it doesn't fit through doors and hasn't got an adjustable handle but the newer models do. I have recently had 2 children in the buggy and 2 children sat on the front foot plate as we were late getting back home for a parent and it was still easier to push and steer than my single buggy.

I do find mine a little bulky to lift to get into my car boot and always seem to get mud from the front wheel on my trousers but that's probably just me. For the newer models you can buy different wheels that don't get punctures.

Ha ha, I used to sit my DD on the footplate as well when she was smaller, she used to love having a lift home.

One of the criteria I had when I moved into this house 5 years ago was that the front door was wide enough to fit the Nipper through (mine is the old version too). UPVC doors as I had on my old house, aren't wide enough, my front door here is one of the old wooden ones so I can just about fit it through if I line it up right.

xx

blue bear
06-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Nipper 360 fpr me, oh why oh why did it take me so long to discover it

AgentTink
06-06-2015, 05:55 PM
Another vote here for the Nipper 360. I also use it even when I only have 1 child as so easy to push. I used to have a buggy board attached to it and would hardly break a sweat pushing the 3 kids for a 20 minute trip to school.

Maza
06-06-2015, 06:36 PM
I have the Maclaren and it does fold up nice and small. It is the only double buggy I have ever had though and so I have nothing to compare it to. My twin mummies all love their ...nipper 360 and I would probably get it if I ever needed a new one.

loocyloo
06-06-2015, 08:32 PM
I have a Maclaren rally twin. I've had it about 10 yrs and it's great. I use it in the car. (Or on the bus!)
Walking around village I use an urban detour twin 3 wheeler.( An old mothercare pushchair ) ... It's at least 6 yrs old and still going strong.

I tried a nipper but the handle height was wrong for me.
I also tried a tandem but found it too long! I didn't get on with a Phil and Ted s when I borrowed one. I don't like the low seat at the back.