PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding courses

Shefox
04-06-2015, 08:11 AM
Hi there,

First off, great site, just found it and really helping me improve and worry less regarding certain aspects of child minding.

Anyway, I have heard that all child minders have to have completed the food hygiene and safe guarding children online courses or ofsted would fail you on an inspection.

I just want that clarified, I plan to do them anyway but are they now compulsory?

Thanks

sarah707
04-06-2015, 06:48 PM
welcome! :clapping:

Every Local Authority has its own rules about food hygiene and safeguarding courses ... you need to check what yours wants you to do :D

moggy
04-06-2015, 08:10 PM
Strictly speaking Ofsted can only 'fail' you if you fail to meet the Statutory Requirements- that's the EYFS (for early year age group).
EYFS does not mention food hygiene course at all.
Safeguarding requirements are explained in the EYFS, so that is what you need to meet.

LA Environmental Health can impose local requirements (such as inspecting your setting and requiring training- so do some don't)

Not sure if local Safeguarding board can impose any requirements on CMers... you'd need to ask your LA. Your LA can recommend safeguarding training that will cover your local safeguarding proceedures (local numbers for who to contact with concerns etc)