PDA

View Full Version : Funded hours question

natlou82
03-06-2015, 08:18 PM
I've recently registered to be able to provide funded hours although it is not applicable to any child on my books at present. A thought just crossed my mind, do we still get paid if the child fails to attend due to sickness, holiday, parent couldn't be bothered today etc? Do we get paid the set contracted hours or just when child attends?

Simona
03-06-2015, 08:48 PM
I've recently registered to be able to provide funded hours although it is not applicable to any child on my books at present. A thought just crossed my mind, do we still get paid if the child fails to attend due to sickness, holiday, parent couldn't be bothered today etc? Do we get paid the set contracted hours or just when child attends?

You get paid for the contracted hours and LA audit this
Some LAs may have conditions and may ask for money to be returned if a child does not attend but this is when non attendance is regular....it does not usually cover sickness
Make sure you have checked your 'agreement' with your LA to cover yourself.

Also make sure parents understand that if you have to pay back funding for 'certain' types of non attendance you would charge them....put that in your contract and have it signed by parents.

natlou82
03-06-2015, 08:51 PM
Thanks Simona, very helpful. I want to make sure I'm on top of it all before I start.