PDA

View Full Version : how many after schools do you look after?

lou lou
02-06-2015, 02:56 PM
just wanted to ask the questions for those of you who look after after schoolers how many do you have I have got quite busy with after schools lately as my school does not have a after school club so i think that is why people keep asking me I have just had another enquiry for a after school but dont know if I should do it. I only have 2 early years 3 days a week which suits me as it gives me a couple of days free in the term time but then quite busy when it is school holidays and I do enjoy the older children here I must admit it is a age group I like.
So really just wondering how many children you have after school and if it works well and how many over 8 you look after I have 4 over 8 and they are quite good and find them no trouble.

natlou82
02-06-2015, 05:21 PM
My typical day is 2 EY, my own 2 children aged 5 and 9 plus 3 schoolies aged 5, 5 and 8. Because they are similar ages to my own children the mix works well and they are a lovely established group now who all get on really well. I personally like schoolies. If / when I have spaces I think very carefully how they would fit into the group as a whole :-)

loocyloo
02-06-2015, 05:32 PM
I have 3 EY, plus my 2 children ... ds 13 & dd 10, then schoolies 9 & 11 who share lots of dds interests and fit really well with dd. I also have a 6 yr schoolie who is similar and fits in well. All girls. In the holidays I don't have those schoolies, but have 2 x 5yr olds who used to come to me as EY children plus a 9yr boy who gets on really well with both of my children.
I'm very wary of taking schoolies as they really need to fit in. Plus as my children get older I am needing to drop them at clubs etc and not always finding it works with schoolies, so I'm not planning on taking any more on for the time being.
However when my children get older I might start again!