PDA

View Full Version : Mini pizzas

mumofone
02-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Does anyone have a simple mini pizzas recipe they wouldn't mind sharing with me? Doesn't have to include the making of dough!

hectors house
02-06-2015, 03:43 PM
Just buy a pizza dough kit - think you just add water to make the dough and follow instructions on pack for leaving it to prove. Then put on a layer of tomato puree and any toppings the children like - mushrooms, onions, peppers, sweetcorn and then top with layer of cheese and cook until the cheese has melted and the bases look cooked.

FloraDora
02-06-2015, 04:11 PM
I'm a big fan of Jack Munroe

Penny Pizzas | JACK MONROE: COOK, CAMPAIGNER, GUARDIAN COLUMNIST, MOTHER, AUTHOR, ETC. (http://agirlcalledjack.com/2014/09/03/one-a-penny-little-duck-pizzas/)

Penny pizzas - easy dough - we make the dough with children too - ch make these once a month for lunch.

Maza
02-06-2015, 05:18 PM
If you really don't want to make the dough then you could use a pitta bread/bagal/bread roll as a base. DD used a wrap when she made one at school. I use passata as my sauce and then add all the toppings. I did have one little one a couple of years ago who wouldn't eat any veg and so I used to make a 'proper' sauce and blitz/hide the toppings in there. It's more effort and I prefer it when the children know what they are eating. Plus it gives more colour and texture when the toppings are glaringly obvious!

FloraDora
02-06-2015, 05:48 PM
If you really don't want to make the dough then you could use a pitta bread/bagal/bread roll as a base. DD used a wrap when she made one at school. I use passata as my sauce and then add all the toppings. I did have one little one a couple of years ago who wouldn't eat any veg and so I used to make a 'proper' sauce and blitz/hide the toppings in there. It's more effort and I prefer it when the children know what they are eating. Plus it gives more colour and texture when the toppings are glaringly obvious!

We use crumpets too sometimes!
May seem strange to you all now but before going to teachers training college ( Bham Uni) I had never heard of a pizza! My family didn't holiday abroad so Gino's at the top of the train station escalators seemed a so exotic Italian paradise!!
Burgers were another experience too - no wimp eys where I lived - so the American burger experience was so amazing to me as a niaeve 18 year old in a big city!

Posh friends I met showed me how to make pizza's and when I showed my dad he was so amazed at the 'open pie' - he never could pronounce Pizza properly but did like them If I home made them - not the frozen variety....which actually didn't become available in the shops for probably anoyher 15 years!!!

We just take them for granted now!

AliceK
02-06-2015, 05:53 PM
I use pitta breads, wraps or those sandwich thins as the base for pizza's, whichever I've got available. My DD loves homemade pizza's.

xx

Maza
02-06-2015, 07:24 PM
I too remember a time without pizza! I remember when gateaux was suddenly available and we couldn't quite 'work it out'! We didn't have an awful lot of pasta either growing up - we only had spaghetti Bolognese.

My hubby makes the cauliflower base pizza sometimes (for people scared of carbs). It's quite labour intensive but delicious.

hectors house
03-06-2015, 08:27 AM
I make scone based pizzas - just make cheese scone dough, roll out and add toppings - first made this at school when I was 10, was probably the first pizza I ever ate (40 years ago).

SYLVIA
04-06-2015, 07:57 PM
We use tortillas. So easy n very tasty

blue bear
07-06-2015, 09:51 AM
We use bread,toast One side In the grill, turn it over and add toppings. We call it pizza toast :D

greenfaerie
08-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Usually I just make a basic pizza dough and top it with my homemade tomato sauce. (Goes on pizza, pasta, bolognese, anything Italian really) :D

On Friday I was more rushed, so we topped English muffins, they're a great substitute for pizza dough. I've made pizza toast before too, and topped a tortilla wrap. (But I tend to overcook those!)

Laurenj22
08-06-2015, 02:40 PM
Jamie Oliver has a quick and easy pizza dough recipe and it requires no proving just pop on your topping and cook in a frying pan. It is from his 30 minutes meals recipe book, if you want the recipe and can't locate online let me know and I'll type it up for you.

mumofone
10-06-2015, 09:02 AM
Thanks everyone, I'll let you know how we get on!

mumofone
10-06-2015, 06:23 PM
So they went down well and mindee was very happy - result!

Maza
10-06-2015, 08:06 PM
So they went down well and mindee was very happy - result!

'Very happy'...surely you cannot be talking about your six year old mindee????

mumofone
10-06-2015, 08:55 PM
'Very happy'...surely you cannot be talking about your six year old mindee????

Uh huh, wonders will never cease eh?!