PDA

View Full Version : What do you make of this?

berkschick
08-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi,

I just had a phone call, I got all excited and went through all the motions. All was going well then they told me what they wanted!

They have a 3 year old in Pre school in the morning and at the school nursery in the afternoon. Goodness knows how they have been able to do this as it is something the school strongly disagrees with. They are paying for the pre-school place.

They want someone 3 days a week who can have the child 8 - 9.30am when pre school starts. Then pick up at 12pm from pre-school, feed child and get them to nursery for 12.45pm, pick up at 3.15pm and have until 4pm. And they only want to pay 3.5 hours childminding fees!

I have told them that I can take child on but will be charging 8am till 4pm. Mum thinks I am unreasonable :rolleyes: Says she has already paid for pre school so doesnt want to pay twice for childcare over the same times. I asked what would happen in the holidays, she said she would want me to have the child 8am - 4pm then!

I think she will get the same response from all the other minders round here, I dont think have been unreasonable really.

Love

Debbie

sarah707
08-01-2008, 01:27 PM
What a faff... not sure I would do that, even for a day's pay!

When you get more children, you'll be horribly inconvenienced, dragging them all out and back again to and from school. I do a lot of school runs and it really does get a bit silly...

Plus not fair on the child! Parents need their bumps feeling if you ask me - probably just as well nobody has :laughing:

Think you've said absolutely the right thing - have confidence in your ability to spot a wrong'un... and don't ever panic yourself into feeling you have to jump through hoops to say yes! x

angeldelight
08-01-2008, 01:29 PM
I think you were right also

I do not think she will find anyone to do this

Angel xx

Sarsar3NCH
08-01-2008, 01:29 PM
I would have said exactly the same as you, not unreasonable at all.
She is highly unlikely to get a different response from any other chilminder unless they are not of sound mind!!

Sarah

berkschick
08-01-2008, 01:32 PM
One of the days would be when I have 2 16 month olds. I have my own childrens school run at 8.35am too so the poor things would be in and out like mad!

If Mum ditched preschool, That wouldnt be so much of a problem for me as I am at the school anyway for 3.30pm so I would just need to leave a bit earlier to collect from the nursery.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I have to keep telling myself to wait for the "right" child to come along and not get myself in a muddle grabbing anything!

Love

Debbie

ruby
08-01-2008, 01:39 PM
i agree with the other can not see anybody wanting to do this
know we would not

cathy and rachel

button68
08-01-2008, 01:42 PM
A little bit OT but just curious - did she say where she got your number from?

Only curious because I am a 'nats hair' from being registered and wondering which advertising is the most effective.

Rubybubbles
08-01-2008, 01:45 PM
what!! didn't you know we are just a running around service! Well done for stciking to your guns! maybe if she gets no luck she'll pull the lol out of morning pre-school?! so works out not paying twice

!

berkschick
08-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Hi,

Yes of another minder! Lol And I thought this other minder was my friend :panic: ;)

Love

Debbie

Rubybubbles
08-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi,

Yes of another minder! Lol And I thought this other minder was my friend :panic: ;)

Love

Debbie

haha!! I find passing on numbers as an easy route out lol!!:laughing:

Twinkles
08-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Poor kid ! it's going to be exhausted. No chilling out time no continuity of care, different routines/rules for each setting, have the parents thought of that do you think?

deeb66
08-01-2008, 02:19 PM
I know I am a bit late and matter already resolved.....but I absolutely agree with everyone else.

I wouldn't touch this one with a barge pole!!!!

ajs
08-01-2008, 02:22 PM
ditto what everyone else has said barmy poor little one three settings in a day not including home she's not going to know whether she's coming or going

Lou
08-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah i agree with everyone else, why would a parent want to do that to their child anyway.

I think i would have sad sorry you have the wrong number, what you are after is a taxi service!

What would be a good idea, is if she took child out of pre school, and you had from 8, and then took to nursery and the collected and had til 4. did you suggest that?

berkschick
08-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi Lou,

Yes, that was how the conversation ended basically.

She was going to ring other minders to see what they said. I told her I do planned activities with mindees and that her lo would benefit from me and nursery without pre-school. She has paid in advance for pre-school till easter though :rolleyes: and money is more important than the child to some parents!

Will let you know if she calls back, it will be interesting at school later to see how many other minders she has rung today!

Love

Debbie

emler
08-01-2008, 03:20 PM
I know I'm a bit late with this one but I think you did the right thing Debbie - I certainly would have said NO

Emler x

oakie dokie
08-01-2008, 05:02 PM
your having a laugh!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: parents!

Monkey1
08-01-2008, 05:11 PM
That poor child! well done for saying NO, thats the hardest bit done!:D :D :D

bubbly
08-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Sounds like a lot of hassle for little pay Debbie. I personally wouldn't do it. As someone mentioned earlier, dragging the other kids with you would be a bit of a nightmare.

charleyfarley
08-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Parents, they do make you laugh

Glad you decided against

Don't think she'll find a minder that would agree

Carol xx

carolinel
08-01-2008, 07:18 PM
you definately made the right decision!!

Schnakes
09-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Just wanted to add myself to the list of "you-did-the-right-thing" people!!!

That poor child. Why on earth are they in two settings already? My guess is its a money saver to do it that way.....!!

Sx

deeb66
09-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi Lou,

Yes, that was how the conversation ended basically.

She was going to ring other minders to see what they said. I told her I do planned activities with mindees and that her lo would benefit from me and nursery without pre-school. She has paid in advance for pre-school till easter though :rolleyes: and money is more important than the child to some parents!

Will let you know if she calls back, it will be interesting at school later to see how many other minders she has rung today!

Love

Debbie

It would be interesting to know if she manages to find someone to do this as it is such a palava (?)

Hopefully she will see sense!

Let us know the outcome

Blaze
09-01-2008, 11:27 PM
I agree...as suggested already you should have iven her the local taxi service number!
Tasha:)