PDA

View Full Version : Advertising spaces

Ellisha
26-05-2015, 02:57 PM
I have a space becoming available in September as my DD is starting school. I had agreed to a child starting when my DD starts full time school but contract and deposit haven't been done yet. Would you continue advertising until someone signs a contract? Even if you have verbally agreed a space.

FussyElmo
26-05-2015, 03:25 PM
Did you ask for a deposit to be paid for by a certain date - if yes then maybe a call to them to see if they still want the place. If no you didn't ask for a deposit the parent is assuming the place will be there for them.

Mouse
26-05-2015, 03:29 PM
Have you explained to parents that the space isn't booked until contracts are signed and a deposit is paid?

If you have made it clear that they don't have a space guaranteed until everything is sorted then I would continue to advertise and sign up the first person who pays the deposit and completes the contract.

If you haven't made it clear that they don't yet have a guaranteed space I would get in touch with them, explain the the space isn't yet secured and that you have other enquiries. If they want the place tell them when they need to pay the deposit by.

Ellisha
26-05-2015, 04:14 PM
I haven't said she needs to pay by a certain date. I told her I would get in contact around half term to arrange a date for paperwork/deposit to be paid. I sent her an email on Friday to confirm start dates but haven't heard anything. I wasn't worried until I saw that she had updated her profile on childcare . co . uk which looks like she is looking again - I have a feeling she didn't like my start date, as I had thought my DD would be starting full time school a week earlier than she is. I'll contact her again, giving her a deadline.

Mouse
26-05-2015, 08:59 PM
I haven't said she needs to pay by a certain date. I told her I would get in contact around half term to arrange a date for paperwork/deposit to be paid. I sent her an email on Friday to confirm start dates but haven't heard anything. I wasn't worried until I saw that she had updated her profile on childcare . co . uk which looks like she is looking again - I have a feeling she didn't like my start date, as I had thought my DD would be starting full time school a week earlier than she is. I'll contact her again, giving her a deadline.

In that case I would contact her and say something along the lines of:

Dear Parent
Following our meeting and my recent email, please contact me to arrange completion of paperwork and payment of deposit.
If you no longer require the space please let me know.
If I do not hear from you by X date I will assume you no longer need the space.

Regards