PDA

View Full Version : Cars

Georgiepoo
25-05-2015, 08:14 PM
I you ever meet with another childminder and go out in one car?
I was wondering if your even allowed to take your mindees out and let someone else drive?

hectors house
26-05-2015, 06:48 AM
I have only done this once when I didn't have many children so went to pick up another childminder (who doesn't drive) and her mindee to come back to my house to play - I'm assuming that the other childminder notified the parent as it was planned in advance, I had the correct size car seat and my car insurance would have covered them. I only have a 5 seater car so it's only happened once but can see that where people have 7 seaters it may happen more often.

loocyloo
26-05-2015, 10:22 AM
I used to share lifts with another childminder on the day that we both only had one or two children. All parents gave permission for children to go in each others cars ( with own childminder present ).
I have permission for minded children to go in any car with me/suitable seats/insurance etc should we need to or decide to. I say I will let parents know if we are travelling in someone elses car if I know in advance, but I can't/won't guarantee it. A bit like going on the bus/train!