PDA

View Full Version : Eyfs being updated this year?

mumofone
22-05-2015, 12:24 PM
I heard this may be a possibility, anyone know/heard this too?

Dragonfly
22-05-2015, 06:02 PM
Anything is a possibility with Ofsted:blush:

not heard this, I so hope not retirement would be getting nearer!

moggy
22-05-2015, 06:29 PM
We know there are lots of things that need changing/updating in the EYFS just to match new legislation, but no one knows when Dept of Ed might make the change.

Simona
22-05-2015, 08:42 PM
I heard this may be a possibility, anyone know/heard this too?

It is rather difficult at the moment to follow a statutory framework that is so out of date
There have been more changes since it was revised in 2014 than I have had hot dinners....not difficult to spot the areas in the EYFS that do not reflect changes made by DfE and Ofsted.
Any bets on when it will be reviewed?

sarah707
22-05-2015, 09:09 PM
We have been led to understand that it will be updated alongside the new common inspection framework which will be law from September.

Ofsted have said that we are due to receive childminder specific guidance around June time :D

shortstuff
22-05-2015, 10:39 PM
We have been led to understand that it will be updated alongside the new common inspection framework which will be law from September.

Ofsted have said that we are due to receive childminder specific guidance around June time :D

Thanks Sarah. As always you are amazing.

Simona
23-05-2015, 07:01 AM
On 22 May Ofsted published the new handbook for inspectors for the EY inspection
This is the link ...please share everywhere you can

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/inspecting-early-years-handbook-for-inspectors