PDA

View Full Version : Tapestry free trial

mumofone
21-05-2015, 09:42 PM
I went on the tapestry website to see if I could find a free trial but couldn't see one, is there one and if so would anyone be kind enough to tell me where I find it? Thank you :-)

muffins
21-05-2015, 09:46 PM
There is a free trial, you need too message them & they will create an account for you :)

moggy
22-05-2015, 07:31 AM
yes, email them and ask for a trial- tell them what county/local authority you are in as some county councils/LA are pre-paid members of the forum which runs Tapestry, which means you don't have to pay the subscription yourself (just the annual fees)

mumofone
03-06-2015, 07:25 PM
yes, email them and ask for a trial- tell them what county/local authority you are in as some county councils/LA are pre-paid members of the forum which runs Tapestry, which means you don't have to pay the subscription yourself (just the annual fees)

Thanks Moggy, ive got a trial now but not sure i understand the site very well! Hoping it all becomes clear!

moggy
03-06-2015, 07:49 PM
Thanks Moggy, ive got a trial now but not sure i understand the site very well! Hoping it all becomes clear!

Watch all the tutorial videos, I'd ignore the Analysis section to start with. Just get a child on there and start trying out Obs etc

AliceK
03-06-2015, 08:57 PM
It's really easy and intuitive to use. I put my DD on there to try it out at first. I'm sure I don't know all the ins and outs of it but I use it every day, like a daily diary, pics and some words every day, some marked against the EYFS some not. I've done a 2 yr check on there and some assessments. It's fab, I love it.

xx

hectors house
03-06-2015, 09:46 PM
As the others have said the video tutorials on the eyfs forum are great and if you are still stuck you can ask a question on the forum and other users / admin will try to help you - if it's a technical problem you can message the tech team direct from your tapestry account. The admin / tech team really do listen, there is a section on the forum for future developments - I suggested adding the ECAT form and they added it. :thumbsup: