PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question??

AliceK
21-05-2015, 09:18 AM
So, how many of you would keep a full-time space open (potentially 180 hrs per month) for an EY's child who only has to use and pay for a min of 80 hours per month. Potentially losing out on 100 hrs £ per month. No retainers or anything. So a fulltime place being taken up for only part-time usage and pay. AND if you would do this, how many of you would do it for ALL your EY's children so the above, times 3 or 4 children.

Just interested.

Thanks

xx

smurfette
21-05-2015, 10:18 AM
Not Unless I really wanted the quieter
Hours and could do without the money!! This would be down €500 a month for me .. Couldn't do it!

tess1981
21-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Not Unless I really wanted the quieter
Hours and could do without the money!! This would be down €500 a month for me .. Couldn't do it!

Same as smurfette. Why would I lose out otherwise

shortstuff
21-05-2015, 10:22 AM
Im running a business not a charity so it would also be a no from me. My income is solely supporting my family at the moment so I rely on it greatly.

natlou82
21-05-2015, 10:48 AM
I have a current EY who comes either Mon/Wed/Fri but I do only charge one day per week. This is because my other 2 EY children are both under 2 so I'm more comfortable with this arrangement as I know I would find 3 EYs per day a struggle especially since I'm still quite new. I also have a full quota of AS children that supplement my income so all in all it works well for me but I know it wouldn't suit all :-)

watford wizz
21-05-2015, 12:24 PM
You need to look at your overall business plan, the income you need/want to decide on wether this is an option for you but whatever I decided I would not be doing it without a deposit and retainer. I think without these you leave yourself open to be taken advantage of. Been there learnt that lesson the hard way.
At this time keeping a place with no income is not something I am able to do, and if I did do it it would be on a short notice contract with the proviso that I would take on a more permanent hours contract if it was offered. X

bunyip
21-05-2015, 06:40 PM
I pretty much agree with everything already posted, with one important qualification.

As you say, you are losing out on potential income. There are no shops around here that take "potential" money. Unless there is someone ready to fill the place, you are losing nothing.

So the key consideration is can you, will you, fill the place if you free it up by losing the client(s) who are 'blocking' it? :huh:

Mouse
21-05-2015, 08:30 PM
I know how much I want to earn per week, so if I could earn enough from offering a minimum number of hours like that I would.

I've been doing this job for a long time and have been very busy for years. I'm cutting down from September, so would welcome some quieter days.