PDA

View Full Version : Raincover ideas for ABC Adventure buggy?

acorns
19-05-2015, 12:53 PM
I've bought an ABC triple buggy from ebay but it's arrived without any raincovers despite the listing including them and seller refuses to send them...(or they don't exist). Does anyone know of any other suitable cover, i've tried my nipper cover and it's too small. I don't really want to send it back but its no good having wet babies!!

loocyloo
19-05-2015, 02:07 PM
what a nuisance.

I would be talking to ebay resolution centre as you have been sent something that does match the description, and I don't suppose you paid pennies for it!

you could try the manufacturers in NZ for raincovers

MANUFACTURER: ADVENTURE BUGGY COMPANY LTD
Address: 68A Cambridge Street
South Levin, New Zealand
PH: (0064) 63684837
FX: (0064) 63684830

To email ABC Adventure Buggy Company New Zealand please click here
abcbuggy@xtra.co.nz

or try Custom Made Trailer Covers Online UK (http://www.apollocovers.co.uk/) ( called apollo plastics ... ignore the fact it says trailer covers ... they make lots of things! )I have bough several rain covers from this company in the past - always been great! ( I've had to buy new raincovers because either a 2nd hand buggy didn't have them, or small children had destroyed the raincovers! never actually had a problem with the actual raincover! )

good luck x

acorns
19-05-2015, 04:59 PM
thanks for the links i'll check them out. Seller has offered £75 back which would make it £125 so a good price, but the buggy is not the one listed has a different frame and colour and seller has still not sent all the covers they said were included. The sellers response was that it was listed as used and thought it ok to send me something else because he included an extra seat cover and bag!,. There was no mention about the brake being broken, and the buggy unusable in it's present state!! Luckily DH is an engineer and can fix everything and make parts for it:) but im deciding if its worth it timewise and costwise or just get a refund.

loocyloo
19-05-2015, 05:38 PM
That doesn't sound good as you weren't sold what you bought. I would definitely talk to eBay! The eBay forum is full of very helpful people who can help you work out what to do as well as talk to resolution.
Personally I would return and expect full refund/postage for sending something that was not the correct item, esp as it is broken! Regardless of sending you extra items!
And then I would leave negative feedback!

Rubybubbles
19-05-2015, 05:42 PM
That doesn't sound good as you weren't sold what you bought. I would definitely talk to eBay! The eBay forum is full of very helpful people who can help you work out what to do as well as talk to resolution. Personally I would return and expect full refund/postage for sending something that was not the correct item, esp as it is broken! Regardless of sending you extra items! And then I would leave negative feedback!

This!!! I've been doing a bit of eBaying recently (more selling) but there are some right ones out there!! Where is my item (sent second class-message the day after listing ended!!)

I've raised a few things with eBay and they are always quick to resolve x

loocyloo
19-05-2015, 05:52 PM
This!!! I've been doing a bit of eBaying recently (more selling) but there are some right ones out there!! Where is my item (sent second class-message the day after listing ended!!)

I've raised a few things with eBay and they are always quick to resolve x

I recently had someone (try to) claim a refund as item hadn't arrived ... except I sent it signed for ... and it was signed for by the person trying to claim! eBay were great!

Mouse
19-05-2015, 07:20 PM
thanks for the links i'll check them out. Seller has offered £75 back which would make it £125 so a good price, but the buggy is not the one listed has a different frame and colour and seller has still not sent all the covers they said were included. The sellers response was that it was listed as used and thought it ok to send me something else because he included an extra seat cover and bag!,. There was no mention about the brake being broken, and the buggy unusable in it's present state!! Luckily DH is an engineer and can fix everything and make parts for it:) but im deciding if its worth it timewise and costwise or just get a refund.

Blimey, I wouldn't accept that!

I would definitely take it further with Ebay. I've always found them helpful when I've had a problem.

acorns
21-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Just wanted to update for anyones future reference that ebay have been really good. The seller still wouldn't communicate with me so ebay said I need to return the buggy (at my expense) and when confirmation of delivery was received they would refund me. I found a number to phone ebay customer services who said initially they would send me a pre paid postage label (as I thought it unfair to be out of pocket with the return post cost) but that wouldn't help if the seller refused delivery (the return address on the original package is different to the sellers bay address) but then they also said that their pre paid return couldn't cover the size of the parcel so instead they have contacted the seller, told them to come and collect it or send a courier(at their expense) within 5 days, on the 6th day ebay are refunding me regardless of whether the seller collects their item or not:thumbsup: So far I've heard nothing & its been 24hrs since seller was told.

I've been doing ebay for 10 years and this is the first time I've had a problem as bad as this and have found out a lot about how ebay return system works. All good to know for any ebay buyer/sellers.

loocyloo
21-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Just wanted to update for anyones future reference that ebay have been really good. The seller still wouldn't communicate with me so ebay said I need to return the buggy (at my expense) and when confirmation of delivery was received they would refund me. I found a number to phone ebay customer services who said initially they would send me a pre paid postage label (as I thought it unfair to be out of pocket with the return post cost) but that wouldn't help if the seller refused delivery (the return address on the original package is different to the sellers bay address) but then they also said that their pre paid return couldn't cover the size of the parcel so instead they have contacted the seller, told them to come and collect it or send a courier(at their expense) within 5 days, on the 6th day ebay are refunding me regardless of whether the seller collects their item or not:thumbsup: So far I've heard nothing & its been 24hrs since seller was told.

I've been doing ebay for 10 years and this is the first time I've had a problem as bad as this and have found out a lot about how ebay return system works. All good to know for any ebay buyer/sellers.

I am so pleased that this is being sorted out for you. xxx