PDA

View Full Version : RISK ASSESSMENT FOR EXTENSION

Murphy22
18-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Hi,
We are planning an extension this summer, I am aware I need to inform OFSTED & will draw up some new RA's, 1 for whist the work is being carried out & then 1 for the new room.

Whilst the work is being carried out I will include headings such as - keeping workmen away from children, exits & entrances, dust, tools, use of outside space.

Does anyone have any other pointers or suggestions. Any advice will be greatly welcome.
Thank you.

Rick
19-05-2015, 01:25 PM
I think you are on the right lines. Other things might become apparent once they start

moggy
19-05-2015, 01:27 PM
Yes, sounds about right. There may be periods when you lose water or power for periods of time, things like that- but you can RA as you go along and make adjustments.

Murphy22
19-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Thank you very much, good idea to add/make adjustments as the build is going on. I'd better get on with drawing them up!

mumofone
28-05-2015, 12:56 PM
Hi, We are planning an extension this summer, I am aware I need to inform OFSTED & will draw up some new RA's, 1 for whist the work is being carried out & then 1 for the new room. Whilst the work is being carried out I will include headings such as - keeping workmen away from children, exits & entrances, dust, tools, use of outside space. Does anyone have any other pointers or suggestions. Any advice will be greatly welcome. Thank you.

Watching with interest, we're doing the same...

catswhiskers
01-06-2015, 10:18 PM
Just before Christmas last year we had scaffolding put up to install new windows. I emailed Ofsted with details of what was going to happen and that I would keep the children safe etc. They emailed back to say thanks for letting us know.

At the time I was busy looking after children, my own family and looking after my Dad who had Alzheimers so I just left it at that. I didn't have time for extra paperwork.

Maybe at my next inspection they might bring it up but hey ho!