PDA

View Full Version : "Banned" Username status?

greenfaerie
17-05-2015, 09:40 PM
In having a look around through some old posts I have noticed that some users have been assigned blue text for their username, with the word "Banned" underneath it.

Is this a natural progression if an account becomes inactive or is it a sign that someone seriously broke some rules? Just wondering what I should do to avoid it happening to me! :S

blue bear
17-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Don't worry carry on posting responsibly and you will be fine

Mouse
17-05-2015, 09:51 PM
Ooh, I've not seen any blue members.

I guess this forum is no different to any other - you'll always get some people who like to break the rules and/or cause trouble so will find themselves banned.

I'm sure if you stick to the rules you'll be fine :D

greenfaerie
17-05-2015, 09:54 PM
Haha, I will try my utmost to post responsibly. :D I'm just going to double check everything I say and do much more often. :) I'd never seen it before (and I've done a lot of browsing) that's why I was so surprised when I saw it.

Mouse
17-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Haha, I will try my utmost to post responsibly. :D I'm just going to double check everything I say and do much more often. :) I'd never seen it before (and I've done a lot of browsing) that's why I was so surprised when I saw it.

I think most of us have probably said the wrong thing at sometime, but we're still here :blush: The moderators are good at distinguishing the odd misplaced remark from the intentional trolling.

Kiddleywinks
18-05-2015, 09:13 AM

If you check the forum rules, and abide by them, you'll be fine :thumbsup: http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/questions-information-using-forum/106943-forum-rules.html

Rubybubbles
18-05-2015, 09:52 AM
keep posting and don't let it put you off.......

Over the years on this forum I have seen lots of people get very above their stations! As more and more people get into technology, it has developed more 'trolls' come out of the wood work!

sarah707
21-05-2015, 06:57 AM
We are very careful about who can access what on the forum ...

For example, if green members don't post for a period of time they are removed from the green area - they can go back in on request but we want green to be secure.

Similarly, if someone comes on and spams or posts inappropriately we can remove or ban them to keep the forum safe.

It doesn't happen often thankfully most of our members are fab! :D

Rick
21-05-2015, 08:04 AM
Also most banned members are banned when in moderation so you never see their posts anyway.

greenfaerie
21-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Thanks guys. I think I was just surprised by the "Banned" users I saw in old posts because some of their post counts were in the hundreds, rather than them just being spammers. I'm very grateful for the lack of trolls and spammers here, it gets really tedious online when there is little moderation of these things, this place does well. :D