PDA

View Full Version : Phil and teds double buggy

mumofone
17-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Has anyone used one of these and have any thoughts on it? I'm looking to get a second hand one for minding...

lollipop kid
17-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Has anyone used one of these and have any thoughts on it? I'm looking to get a second hand one for minding...

I was thinking about maybe getting a second hand Phil & Teds Dot. This is because it's really narrow and would fit through my front door. Have seen them on Gumtree very recently for £200/£300. Earlier models are bound to be a bit cheaper, I would hope!

(I know this is a lot. I use a long tandem buggy that I got from Freecycle many years ago. It's still going strong but most people would find it really heavy. It works for me with 3 children - one on a buggy board. Don't know what a Phil & Teds would be like with 3, although you could use a 'side-car' on it - such as the Buggypod - I've got one and find it excellent for smaller children.)

Good luck with your search.

L

smurfette
17-05-2015, 08:56 PM
I love my phil and teds
Especially as I can use it as a single on days I only have one. No wider than a single so easy to get through doorways and down aisles in shops! They do hold their value and are worth the month

smurfette
17-05-2015, 08:57 PM
*money! I meant

AliceK
18-05-2015, 06:57 AM
I used to have a P&T and loved it, apart from the hood which I didn't think was big enough but that's just me lol. I changed it and bought a Nipper Out N About which obviously is a much bigger pushchair but I love it just a bit more than I did my P&T. Also have a City Mini which is good :thumbsup:

xx

Rubybubbles
18-05-2015, 09:55 AM
I've had my Phil & Teds now for 10 years :eek: (oMG!!! just worked that out....) I have the very first E3 edition.. As they have developed they have just got better and better.

I do also have a out and about 360, which I use the most though as I didn't like my p&t as a double much, felt sorry for person in the back, I use it as a single and then got storage haha!

I believe the newest versions of the Out and about 360 fit through doors (I'm debating myself on getting a newer one, as again I have the first V1 edition!)

mumofone
18-05-2015, 10:10 AM
I've had my Phil & Teds now for 10 years :eek: (oMG!!! just worked that out....) I have the very first E3 edition.. As they have developed they have just got better and better. I do also have a out and about 360, which I use the most though as I didn't like my p&t as a double much, felt sorry for person in the back, I use it as a single and then got storage haha! I believe the newest versions of the Out and about 360 fit through doors (I'm debating myself on getting a newer one, as again I have the first V1 edition!)

That's my worry, does the baby sat behind/underneath the other mind?

smurfette
18-05-2015, 10:12 AM

I worried about this always hated the look of them because of that but actually they are perfectly happy and even fight over it sometimes! In reality I often have one who likes to walk and encourage that as much as possible, so the younger one is in the top and the older one underneath when not walking

AliceK
18-05-2015, 10:17 AM
Yeah mine used to argue about who got to sit at the back, they all wanted to lol.

xx

Rubybubbles
18-05-2015, 12:16 PM

I always used to put the older child in the back and encourage walking if age able. The older children used to unclip the front and get flatten:laughing: (another reason why I ended up with out and about!)

natlou82
18-05-2015, 04:29 PM
I also use an out and about nipper and love it. Have you checked these out also? I bought it second hand from gumtree I think I paid £80, well worth it :-)

Rick
18-05-2015, 05:17 PM

I don't think any of the children I've had in the back have minded. They can see out of the side ok.

TinyTinker
18-05-2015, 06:48 PM
It's a good pushchair, gets through small gaps, more like the size a of a single, easy to push etc -but it does have a few things that bug me! lol.....no space for bags, unless you want them under the feet of the one in the back seat! the one in the back seat can stick their fingers into the wheels - which are right by them!:panic: And the raincover never stays done up around the back seat! - almost like it's just a few inches too small! Also when you put the UV cover on it, the poor child underneath can't see a thing as it's like that material that if pull taught in the sun you can see through it, but be shaded, but where it hangs down over the second chair, it's not taught so is like total black out! Also I walk with others holding onto the sides, so the child underneath can't really see a lot with a chair in front of them and legs/bodies to the sides!:p

I got a Classic second hand for £50