PDA

View Full Version : Good start to the week?????

Mags
04-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Feel a bit diflated this morning.

A few weeks ago M's family took what should have been 4 weeks holiday (paid at half fees, contract states full fees for parents holiday...no fees for mine...but there you go, they argued that it was a lot of money to pay if M wasn't there so i gave in and accepted half fees) Anyway M returned FIVE weeks later....they had decided to stay on another week. Again they paid me half fees for the extra week.

I am due to go away on the 15 of this month and this morning mum asked if I would sort out childcare for M as there is no way they can have anymore time off work????? Told her it is not down to me and she said.."oh well i wish you would have told us sooner"........it's not my job to do that as well is it?????

Also spoke a little about eyfs and working alongside parents......her response??..."oh i don't have time for all that after doing a full day's work i just want to get home" she also said that if she got lot's of paper work to look at ie; questionares, childrens profiles etc then she would be wondering how i found time to do all that when i was supposed to be looking after children.

So my question is......am i doing all that eyfs requires for nothing....another parent has also said that as long as she can see her little one is happy and thriving, that's all she is interested in!!

Phew!!! sorry it's a long one.

sarah707
04-08-2008, 08:17 AM
I think lots of us are getting this from parents.

All anyone can do is their best ... you have approached the parent and talked about eyfs ... make a note of that in the child's file; you have asked parent about feeding formation back into the child's observations and the parent does not feel this is something she can do ... make a note again.

Then whenever the parent tells you something about what the child has done at home the night before, over the weekend etc, put that in the child's file as evidence of sharing!!

It doesn't need to be a comment a day... just whenever the parents comment... also when the child tells you they've done something at home, make a note of that - you will be surprised how fast it all builds up.

We are following eyfs for the benefit of the child (and because it is the law)... how sad the parents can't see that and support us :(

LittleMissSparkles
04-08-2008, 08:50 AM
I agree with sarah on the eyfs thing but as for the fees side of it they are takin the **** (sorry ) they signed your contracts to say the accept4ed YOUR terms and conditions of full fees, the fact they added another week and automatically added another weeks half fees shows they have no respect for you. If it was meand I no this will sound tough but i would write them a letter explaining in the future it will be full fees for their holidays taken and point out this is what their contract states which they signed and that you expect both sides to keep to the contract etc, also it isnt your job to find alternative childcare fortheir child its their job i am presuming your gave at least 4 weeks written notice of your holidays to them so they have had plenty of time to sort something out.

sorry if i seem harsh but those of you who no what i went through with that one parent will no why

xxxxx

Mags
04-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks for replies....i think that your both right in what you have said. Don't worry i am learning everyday with this job. A letter to the parents is what i was thinking....you've just given me the push i needed to do it. thanks.x

Monkey1
04-08-2008, 11:26 AM
I think lots of us are getting this from parents.

All anyone can do is their best ... you have approached the parent and talked about eyfs ... make a note of that in the child's file; you have asked parent about feeding formation back into the child's observations and the parent does not feel this is something she can do ... make a note again.

Then whenever the parent tells you something about what the child has done at home the night before, over the weekend etc, put that in the child's file as evidence of sharing!!

It doesn't need to be a comment a day... just whenever the parents comment... also when the child tells you they've done something at home, make a note of that - you will be surprised how fast it all builds up.

We are following eyfs for the benefit of the child (and because it is the law)... how sad the parents can't see that and support us :(
You could add a section (another sheet to design!:rolleyes: ) That was purely for small captions of what parents have said, even if its not sleeping well etc, then you could see if patterns were built up etc iyswim?