PDA

View Full Version : Cake wars!!

Mouse
14-05-2015, 11:44 AM
One day last week, just before home time, lo (aged 3) decided that his dad was going to make me a present. As soon as his dad knocked at the door lo went running to him saying "dad, you've got to make M a present!" Poor dad looked horrified and I laughed, saying not to worry he didn't have to. I explained what had happened, but dad decided he & lo would go home and make cakes.

Next day lo turned up with a box of cupcakes to share with everyone :thumbsup:

Since then the children have all decided they have to bring cakes! One 4yr old had a meltdown telling me her mum didn't know any cake recipes, only biscuit ones (I did say biscuits would be OK ;)) We've now had 3 lots of cakes brought in - all getting fancier, all more impressive. I have this image of parents going home fretting about how they can out-do the other parents :laughing: It reminds me of when we used to bring the class teddy home and had to come up with some adventure that was more exciting than anyone else's :D

Maza
14-05-2015, 11:48 AM
Oh Mouse, fancy causing all this extra stress for parents! That's so funny.

AliceK
14-05-2015, 12:15 PM
You are so lucky. Wish my parents would bring me cake.

xx

tess1981
14-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Ha ha love it... must drop subtle hints to my mindees..

greenfaerie
14-05-2015, 12:56 PM
I for one would be happy to encounter this "problem" at work. :D I'm all of a sudden very sad that there is no cake in the house. :)

shortstuff
14-05-2015, 09:48 PM
I would love a cake dilemma too.

Oh n ds's school still do the teddy diary but its a teddy which is the class name. This year he has nemo as he is in clownfish class. He has also been a turtle, lion and bat :D

Maza
14-05-2015, 09:57 PM

Oh n ds's school still do the teddy diary but its a teddy which is the class name. This year he has nemo as he is in clownfish class. He has also been a turtle, lion and bat :D

Clownfish class!!! That is so cute!

shortstuff
15-05-2015, 02:02 PM

Yeah they all vote each school year within a certain topic area. I love hearing what all the classes are :-)