PDA

View Full Version : Free milk?

**Orchard CM**
13-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Hi all,
So I'm awaiting my pre reg visit. Finished a lot of my paperwork today!! But on my list of things to look into is the 1/3 pint milk cartons from dairy crest. I can't find anything online (or maybe I'm not looking hard enough!!) but does anyone else have them? I've read a lot about childminders qualifying but just don't know how to go about it myself. Also when do I apply? Thanks in advance :)

Mouse
13-05-2015, 08:47 PM
I'm registered with NMRU and claim the money back direct from them. I don't bother with the little milk cartons. They are very expensive and not all the children will drink from them. I buy pint cartons of full fat milk for the minded children and claim back the money.

You won't be able to register with the scheme until you have your certificate.

Nursery Milk (http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/index.html)

natlou82
13-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Thanks Mouse I'll also look into this. I don't want to be messing around with this small cartons either so knowing we can claim some back is a plus :-)

crumpet54
13-05-2015, 09:21 PM
I'm registered with NMRU and claim the money back direct from them. I don't bother with the little milk cartons. They are very expensive and not all the children will drink from them. I buy pint cartons of full fat milk for the minded children and claim back the money.

You won't be able to register with the scheme until you have your certificate.

Nursery Milk (http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/index.html)

Thanks that's great!

tulip0803
14-05-2015, 07:43 AM
Same as mouse - the nursery milk scheme is easy to use and take a few minutes at the end of each month to submit online. The money arrives in my bank account a couple of days later.

Don't forget you have to show it as income and an expense in your accounts :)

moggy
14-05-2015, 01:10 PM
I have used Nursery Milk scheme to claim back milk money but when you can buy 4 pints of organic milk for £1.50 at the supermarket (where I buy my family milk anyway), even for 3 children x the 4 days I work, I just feel it is not worth the hassle of logging-in monthly, adding up the pints/days, sending receipts occasionally for verification, entering into accounts as expense and income...for £1.50 a week. But maybe I am just lazy!

Mouse
14-05-2015, 01:36 PM
I have used Nursery Milk scheme to claim back milk money but when you can buy 4 pints of organic milk for £1.50 at the supermarket (where I buy my family milk anyway), even for 3 children x the 4 days I work, I just feel it is not worth the hassle of logging-in monthly, adding up the pints/days, sending receipts occasionally for verification, entering into accounts as expense and income...for £1.50 a week. But maybe I am just lazy!

But if you only claimed once a year it's a nice amount to get back :thumbsup:

You can backdate your claim for up to 2 years (if you've been registered with them that long), so if you haven't claimed for a while it might be worth thinking about. I have never had to send receipts for verification. The most I have had to do is email them a copy of an invoice I had when I did use the milkman to deliver milk.