PDA

View Full Version : Orbit closing down

Jods
13-05-2015, 11:24 AM
I did a quick search and found nothing appeared, but was told by orbit.so on their Facebook page last night they are closing down, so just in case it's not been mentioned, am doing that now xxx :(

Mouse
13-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Typical, as soon as i signed up t it I heard rumours that it was going to close down.

Never mind, I didn't actually get round to using it, so nothing lost!

I do feel sorry for anyone who has been using it. I hope they manage to get all their info saved and find another system that works as well for them.

loocyloo
13-05-2015, 11:32 AM
That's a shame. I did consider using it at one point, can't remember why i didn't.

Jods
13-05-2015, 11:33 AM
I have been using it from the off, there is time to down load relevant journals.

I only have 2 recent ones (3 months) so thankfully for me not a big problem, just a bit put out as they denied it all in April and then last night poof as it were xx :/

k1rstie
13-05-2015, 11:56 AM
I guess it is very hard to make money from a basic service that is free!!

Jods
13-05-2015, 11:59 AM
It is with great sadness that I am writing here to inform you that Orbit will be closing down at the end of this summer. I have been unsuccessful in agreeing a proposal that will allow orbit to continue.

DON'T PANIC!
I will be keeping the site up and working to the end of the academic year in order for you to complete the year and download all your data (learning journies etc). I hope to be able to develop a quick solution that will enable to you 'request all your data' that would package everthing up into a simple downloadable package.

More information will be posted regarding exact close dates.

I would personally like to thank you all for the last few years. Having visted a few schools myself and seen how Orbit has been put to use (in ways we didn't even think of) is amazing.

David

mumofone
13-05-2015, 12:16 PM
One time being lazy has paid off! Luckily I didn't get round to start using it but thanks for updating with this info that it's closing down :-)

KatieFS
13-05-2015, 01:00 PM
Oh nooooo! Will need look for alternatives and save learning journals

KatieFS
13-05-2015, 01:01 PM
Jods - will orbit advise us formally?
What will happen to the data images etc on the website once it closes?

Rubybubbles
13-05-2015, 01:02 PM
I was just coming on to put this up!!

I don't use it, but know lots do xx

Jods
13-05-2015, 01:40 PM
I have no idea as to the finer details, nothing in my inbox, nor on my site/app but it is there on their general news page, sorry not much more help than that :( xx

KatieFS
13-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Oh dear - will have to look at this

hectors house
13-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Hopefully people will be able to save all the Orbit observations to a PDF on a CD for each child or email it directly to the parents. Although I don't use Orbit it's a shame that they didn't approach their users to see if they were willing to pay for the service as I know that many childminders, Nurseries and reception class teachers use it, so there was definitely a demand for it.

clareelizabeth1
14-05-2015, 06:48 AM
Thankfully I have always printed out every few months as even though I like an online model I always felt I should print for Ofsted in case the internet didn't work.

mama2three
14-05-2015, 06:54 AM
I use it for 7 ey children , so am on there lots!! and am disssapointed that it is closing down..I do print off the ljs as I like a paper copy so that's not a huge issue...I just need to make sure everything is up to date and printed off in time. Ill need to start researching which of the other systems sends info straight to parents when Ive inputted it as this is the part that my families like particularly.

Jods
14-05-2015, 07:05 AM
I am having a go at Tapestry, already it's more complicated aaaaaargh :/ at least orbit was simples xx

loocyloo
14-05-2015, 07:35 AM
I use 2simple. I think if you email them, you can have a free trial. I find it very simple and easy to use. I download each childs obs each month and email those to parents.

xxx