PDA

View Full Version : Ratio help

leopardgirlx
12-05-2015, 10:18 PM
Ok so i will probably answer my own question..firstly,

a mum has approached me to look after 3 EY children

a 1 year old (2 in august)
a 3 year old (with spinal bifida )
and a 4 year old (starts reception in september)

is this allowed .. i 'think' it is if i have understood ratios correctly three 0-5 with only one being under 12months and then three over 5 under 8..

second question is
what does my son count as at the moment he is in reception and was 5 last February.. he is still EY until this september isnt he?

Thanks in advance

x

tulip0803
12-05-2015, 11:09 PM
Hi

At any one time you can care for no more than 6 under 8, and of those 6 no more than 3 EY children, and of those 3 no more than 1 may be under 1.

If you are caring for no other children in the EY group then you can start the siblings now.

If your son is 4 and in full-time school (mornings and afternoons) he counts as one of your 5-8 year olds for your ratios, not one of your EY spaces. (although officially he is still EY they allow you to move them up an age group when in full-time school - easier to think of it as 3 under school age and 3 at school)

When the oldest sibling starts school in September, mornings & afternoons (not settling sessions) they will also be classed as an over 5 for your ratios so you will have a free EY space after then providing you do not care for more than 6 under 8s at a time:thumbsup:

leopardgirlx
13-05-2015, 06:29 AM
Thank you
X

**Orchard CM**
13-05-2015, 07:44 AM
Thanks Tulip that has helped me out loads, why can't ofsted explain it like that?!! X