PDA

View Full Version : Of all the weeks to pay me late

SimplyLucy
04-08-2008, 06:42 AM
I'm so annoyed. The parent of my 3 full timers turned up at 6.30am this morning and said "oh I forgot your cheque, you'll have to have it tomorrow. :angry:

She pays me every monday for the week before. (I know I should get payment in advance but she was my first parent, didn't know what I was doing!).

She hasn't ever forgotten before and I know she'll bring it tomorrow but I REALLY NEEDED TO PAY IT IN TODAY. It's going to take a whole day longer to clear now and thats a right pain.:angry: :angry:

It's just so inconvient.

miffy
04-08-2008, 06:44 AM
That's really annoying but as she hasn't done it before I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and a gentle reminder tonight :)

Miffy xx

LittleAcorns
04-08-2008, 06:48 AM
What a pain, hope you get it ok tomorrow! it just winds you up doesnt it when you've planned your day including nipping to the bank....

Pipsqueak
04-08-2008, 07:14 AM
You can pay extra (about £12) to speed up the payment or ask Mum for cash instead or a half/half payment

SimplyLucy
04-08-2008, 07:16 AM
It's not really the end of the world and most weeks it wouldn't have mattered, but this week :censored:

Just really messes things up, we'd planned a walk down to the shops today and to the bank (will be impossible to go tomorrow so I'll have to send DS1).

Plus I have payments that I delayed knowing this cheque was going in today and now I'll have to change it all over again. Just a hassle I could have done without.

It's not like it's a small cheque, it's full time for 3 children £420 for last weeks work.

SimplyLucy
04-08-2008, 07:17 AM
You can pay extra (about £12) to speed up the payment or ask Mum for cash instead or a half/half payment

Might ask her for cash, hadn't thought about doing that. Great idea, thanks.

sarah707
04-08-2008, 07:18 AM
I know how you feel ... and to them, they just 'forgot... ooops, sorry' :(

LittleMissSparkles
04-08-2008, 09:01 AM
before we went away i ran out of ink so couldnt do my invoice so i worked it all out and text everyone the amount due on the day after we got back, one parent said on friday via text ( after texting to remind her ! ) can i pay you monday..... never said a wrod when pickin them up on friday and didnt bring it this morning either so will be tommorow before i can bank it... usually i charge £5 per day late payment fees but feel like as i didnt actually give proper invoices this month i should be lenient with her and let her off but has ****** me off somewhat as they no pay day is always last day of the month regardless

hope she brings her chq tommorow, why cant she give you it when shepicks the kids up anyway ?????

cloud9
04-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Why is it all parents take the p*** when it comes to payments!! Obviously in an ideal world childcare would all be free and we would all be paid by miracle means but in the mean time parents really ought to accept its tough luck and get use to paying.

I have all my parents on standing order now as its so much easier and i dont get any late payers.