PDA

View Full Version : 3 hrs not registered

Helly Belly
12-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Hi all
has the 3 hour rule come into force yet , the one where someone can look after someone's child get paid and not be registered , I'm asking as a child (2 )after 9 mths cries still until put down for nap , asks "my mummy ?" 50 times a day and mum told me today she cried at the thought of coming later on , mums friend has offered to have her but not registered , I just want the best for little one x Tia
Maybe the friend should be at child's house ?

Mouse
12-05-2015, 12:05 PM
This is the factsheet explaining when registration isn't required:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/factsheet-childcare-registration-not-required

7. Registration is not required)...If you only care for the children of one or more friends in your own home or someone else’s home:
if no money or payment changes hands;
for three hours or less per day, and some payment is made.
Payment is defined as a ‘payment of money or money’s worth’ but does not include the provision of goods or services; it means payment for or towards the costs involved in the childcare, such as a contribution to heating and lighting, or paying for food or repairs to the place where the childminding happens.

The friend could have lo at her house for up to 3 hours. For everyone else (ie. not friends) the limit is still 2 hours.

Helly Belly
12-05-2015, 07:05 PM
Thank you very much