PDA

View Full Version : Snacking

keohane1
08-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Does anybody else feel that they can't stop snacking.
Seriously I just can't stop eating at the moment. I open the fridge and eat tomatoes, cucumber a chunk of cheese then I go in the cupboard and eat biscuits, dry cereal and crisps. Infact anything I can get my hands on. I don't know if it's just greedy or boredom or both ha ha.
I have just eaten the biggest dinner ever, then opened a box of milk tray and ate about 7 chocs. Oh dear I really need to stop or I will regret it.

lollipop kid
08-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Does anybody else feel that they can't stop snacking.
Seriously I just can't stop eating at the moment. I open the fridge and eat tomatoes, cucumber a chunk of cheese then I go in the cupboard and eat biscuits, dry cereal and crisps. Infact anything I can get my hands on. I don't know if it's just greedy or boredom or both ha ha.
I have just eaten the biggest dinner ever, then opened a box of milk tray and ate about 7 chocs. Oh dear I really need to stop or I will regret it.

When I'm really hungry, I go for a boiled egg on toast, with loads of butter. It fills me up for ages. I go through phases of eating anything I can get my hands on. If I'm hungry, I'll eat and that will be pretty much anything that takes my fancy. (If I'm not, I won't)

I could happily eat 10 bags of crisps - but I don't. I haven't done this for years, ever since my other half showed me that the fat content in one bag of crisps is the same as a ready meal. (It was one time I'd just eaten my 10th bag, and he asked: "could you eat 10 of these?" - showing me the ready meal? Of course I couldn't - then he pointed out that I had just done pretty much exactly that. It really made me think. Then I thought of some of my family members whose idea of bliss is a couple of bottles of Irn Bru and a family bag of crisps - each! They are also big Weightwatchers fans.)

Anyway, just sharing the crisp anecdote with you. I'm still fairly skinny (always have been) and weigh the same as my 13 year old daughter, despite also having a tendency to eat what I like when I like (and I would never stop at the 7th chocolate in the box, believe me!). I'm also really active because of childminding, and I don't drive. If you're the same, then don't worry about it.

Have to go now as there's a box of chocolates somewhere in this house with my name on it!

:D

L

alex__17
08-05-2015, 08:36 PM
I feel like I do too, more so during the week as I hate the wasted lovely food I cook for kids and they don't eat hardly any so there's a spare portion, then I eat what my son leaves too, have toast with them at brekkie, snacks when they have snacks, pick at their lunch, have my own lunch and a treat if they all fall asleep at the same time, more snack after school then leftover tea, and my own dinner!
Small amounts but constant through the day, and if it's been a challenging day or week, I get myself cake type treats to get me through!
Find it very hard to resist...a month until I go on holiday and I need to stop the snacking, easier said than done though

natlou82
08-05-2015, 09:58 PM
Sometimes I just eat what's left over and don't end up bothering with a proper dinner - not good I know! Tonight I ate a spare spicy bean burger and what was left of yesterday's home made apple crumble lol!

Rubybubbles
09-05-2015, 08:10 AM
Me! When I'm feeling like this drink a pint of water and pop some chewing gum in your mouth! You don't need to food- just crave it

I'm a yoyo dieter and currently my heaviest ever :-( it's bit so much the snacking (although crisps are my favourite lolly pop-I don't think I could eat 10!!) large portion sizes! Sigh

bunyip
09-05-2015, 11:19 AM
I'm a devil for leftovers. Possibly because we always had to 'clean our plates' as children, I hate to see all the bits the children won't eat.

Since I started CMing, I think my diet has become 25% crusts

..........................and 75% cider. :rolleyes:

alex__17
09-05-2015, 12:03 PM
Yes I eat the crusts too, and mine eat more cucumber if j cut some of the skin off, and I even eat the cucumber skin rather than chuck it, it's the best bit of it, hate the waste!
I was also told to clear my plate before I could have pud, and while I never enforce this myself and let them eat until full, I hate to just bin perfectly good food

keohane1
09-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Reading a couple of these posts reminds me of my younger days. If anybody in my family left anything on their plates I would say I will have it ha ha. I was the garbage bin😜. Looks like nothings changed apart from the older we get the harder it is to keep the pounds off

funemnx
09-05-2015, 08:26 PM
The drawback of working from home is that food is always right there! The temptation is overwhelming - I go through phases of having lunch (healthy) and then thinking oh I wonder if there's a biscuit in the cupboard.... and then there are the lovely days out with the children - my big downfall is a huge cheese scone and butter with my cuppa at lovely garden centre... :blush:

loocyloo
09-05-2015, 08:41 PM
The drawback of working from home is that food is always right there! The temptation is overwhelming - I go through phases of having lunch (healthy) and then thinking oh I wonder if there's a biscuit in the cupboard.... and then there are the lovely days out with the children - my big downfall is a huge cheese scone and butter with my cuppa at lovely garden centre... :blush:

It's tea cakes for me! ;-)
Everytime I find myself gazing at the biscuit tin I make myself have a glass of water ...and then i have a biscuit!
It doesn't help that my playroom is off the kitchen and we use the kitchen for messy play and all sorts of things.:-D

bunyip
10-05-2015, 07:10 AM
Reading a couple of these posts reminds me of my younger days. If anybody in my family left anything on their plates I would say I will have it ha ha. I was the garbage bin😜. Looks like nothings changed apart from the older we get the harder it is to keep the pounds off

:clapping: Are you my brother in disguise? :D

hectors house
10-05-2015, 05:59 PM
I have just bought a book called "Sugar free in 5 weeks" as I'm a complete sugar and anything sweet addict - rather than reaching for the chocolate (it's no good telling me not to buy it as I will eat any kind even cooking chocolate) I am trying to eat a bowl of natural yoghurt with strawberries & blueberries. I'm also trying to drink more water when I feel peckish (greedy) as often I forget to drink during the day and eat instead. I also have fruit chopped up in the fridge for those moments of weakness. I don't think I will ever be "Sugar Free" but at least now I'm aware of my eating habits.

alex__17
10-05-2015, 07:22 PM
I'll try and do the drinking a glass of water when hungry tomorrow, as I often only drink a coffee over the day as I forget and just don't get time which I'm sure doesn't help...

Helly Belly
11-05-2015, 06:37 AM
6 days ago I started pig to twig ( idiot proof diet) I love it

hectors house
11-05-2015, 08:07 AM

Sounds interesting - can you share the principles of it?

bunyip
11-05-2015, 08:28 AM

So, it's out with the pork scratchings and in with the Twiglets, then, is it? :rolleyes:

Daisy1956
11-05-2015, 11:16 AM
I like the pig bit not sure about the twig bit.

lollipop kid
11-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Count me out - yesterday I started the day with breakfast pizza and 3 mini Magnum (ice lollies), closely followed by a smallish box of Milk Tray. (I decided not to be greedy, so gave the orange ones to my other half - they make me yak anyway. Oops - just remembered, I nicked two of his instead - easy enough as I bought 4 boxes to begin with, one for each member of the family).

I'm bad.

L

Helly Belly
11-05-2015, 12:52 PM
Pig to twig to start with is high good fats, low carbs , no caffeine or alcohol for 14 days
Lots of protein ( meats) , leafy green vegetables and salad dressings ( good oils) , Mayo

Lots of water and starting with a brisk 15 min walk

As there's no carbs ( sugars) body doesn't release much insulin into blood stream , if there was insulin then it would store the fat in cells but as less insulin the fat is used to repair or is excreted ,
After 14 days or a bit longer if you need to lose more than 3pebbles you can reintroduce other things ,
It's about giving your body a shake up, I can't believe how poor my diet was before and snacking was terrible

Helly Belly
11-05-2015, 12:54 PM
I lost 7lb in 5 days and I've never felt better , im not Hungary but finding it hard to remember to have 3 meals , you can snack on nuts and other allowed things but I don't think about it now

Helly Belly
11-05-2015, 12:56 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00GOHDYTW/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1431348971&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=idiot+proof+diet&dpPl=1&dpID=41rLCniGWbL&ref=plSrch

Hope link works

Rubybubbles
11-05-2015, 01:49 PM
Pig to twig to start with is high good fats, low carbs , no caffeine or alcohol for 14 days Lots of protein ( meats) , leafy green vegetables and salad dressings ( good oils) , Mayo Lots of water and starting with a brisk 15 min walk As there's no carbs ( sugars) body doesn't release much insulin into blood stream , if there was insulin then it would store the fat in cells but as less insulin the fat is used to repair or is excreted , After 14 days or a bit longer if you need to lose more than 3pebbles you can reintroduce other things , It's about giving your body a shake up, I can't believe how poor my diet was before and snacking was terrible

Sounds like Atkins lol!

hectors house
12-05-2015, 09:41 PM
:angry: - the numbers on the scales are dropping but my muffin top is still bulging over my jeans!

lollipop kid
12-05-2015, 09:46 PM
:angry: - the numbers on the scales are dropping but my muffin top is still bulging over my jeans!

I just treated myself to a couple of pairs of high waisters. Muffin-top gone! (Well, tucked in anyway.)

L

keohane1
13-05-2015, 06:18 AM
Weight watchers meals are only 75p each in Iceland. They are delicious. I have been having them for tea instead of a huge meal. Chicken curry is yummy:clapping: