PDA

View Full Version : Some Advice Please

cherina99
08-05-2015, 07:54 AM
Hi,
Was just after some advice, I have a new Mindee, he started 3 weeks ago and he has settled pretty well. We still have a few tears at drop off but he stops straight away now, he gets involved in our activities and plays well with the other children but the last few times he's been even while he's playing he'll just start to cry, he does this a few times throughout the day.

I'm not sure if it's for attention as I have noticed he'll do it sometimes if my attention is not completely focused on him.

Has anyone got any advice on how to deal with it? I'm not sure if it's best to not make a fuss and just carry on with our activity or to give him some extra attention.

Thanks for any advice

Mummits
08-05-2015, 08:41 AM
How old is he, Cherina?

lollipop kid
08-05-2015, 08:41 AM
Hi,
Was just after some advice, I have a new Mindee, he started 3 weeks ago and he has settled pretty well. We still have a few tears at drop off but he stops straight away now, he gets involved in our activities and plays well with the other children but the last few times he's been even while he's playing he'll just start to cry, he does this a few times throughout the day.

I'm not sure if it's for attention as I have noticed he'll do it sometimes if my attention is not completely focused on him.

Has anyone got any advice on how to deal with it? I'm not sure if it's best to not make a fuss and just carry on with our activity or to give him some extra attention.

Thanks for any advice

I'm a total pushover. Most of our activities happen at floor level, so it's really easy for me to kneel down on the floor beside the children when they're playing if it looks like they need cuddles or a bit more extra attention. (I usually find that, the moment I kneel down, there's one on my back for a cuddle and a little bottom plonked on each knee! I love those moments - as well as the big grins on the children's faces when we carry on playing/singing/reading etc. afterwards.)

If you're like me, sometimes just putting my arm around one of them is enough if they're a bit unsettled. The same thing happens with one of mine at Playgroup. He's a little bit shy of joining in just yet, so he usually sits right beside me on the floor, snuggled right into me while he watches everything intently. I know he's really happy like this, so I just let him get on with it. The others don't seem to mind as they'll also come up to me for cuddles if they want them.

Hope it helps,

L

cherina99
08-05-2015, 08:56 AM
How old is he, Cherina?

He's just turned 3 this week. I've been really lucky with all my other mindees, they've settled straight away and we've had no tears so I'm just abit unsure whats best to do.

cherina99
08-05-2015, 08:58 AM
I'm a total pushover. Most of our activities happen at floor level, so it's really easy for me to kneel down on the floor beside the children when they're playing if it looks like they need cuddles or a bit more extra attention. (I usually find that, the moment I kneel down, there's one on my back for a cuddle and a little bottom plonked on each knee! I love those moments - as well as the big grins on the children's faces when we carry on playing/singing/reading etc. afterwards.)

If you're like me, sometimes just putting my arm around one of them is enough if they're a bit unsettled. The same thing happens with one of mine at Playgroup. He's a little bit shy of joining in just yet, so he usually sits right beside me on the floor, snuggled right into me while he watches everything intently. I know he's really happy like this, so I just let him get on with it. The others don't seem to mind as they'll also come up to me for cuddles if they want them.

Hope it helps,

L

Most of our activities are on the floor to so I'll definitely try that with him, hopefully that will help. Hate the thought of him being upset. Thank you for the advice

tess1981
08-05-2015, 09:09 AM
I found this happened more with older children they just have wee wobbles. Reassuring them and being there when they need that cuddle helps a lot. It's a big change for them and takes them time to adjust patience and love is the key