PDA

View Full Version : Good easy boardgames

mumofone
07-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Can anyone recommend me any good simple board games that dont require loads of set up (eg monopoloy!) and preferably that have no choking hazards as I will have babies around! Thank you :-)

shortstuff
07-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Jenga?

Twister?

Sorry most of the games i can think of have small parts

natlou82
07-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Guess Who, snakes and ladders not many other ideas I'm afraid (without small parts). When the older ones play board games they usually sit at the dining table so the babies can't get hold of the small pieces or in school hols we play them at nap time.

Lal
07-05-2015, 07:10 PM
I've used duplo pieces instead of counters and a big or pop dice before to avoid small parts. Card games like yo ho ho and where's my cup cake (both orchard games I think) are usually easy to set up and quite quick to play.

lollipop kid
07-05-2015, 07:16 PM
I've got a Peter Rabbit noughts and crosses set. The counters are big (about the size of a 50p) round things and come in a little drawstring bag.

It's a great game for the schoolies, as they sit at a little table in my front room playing this and keep score on a notebook each.

(I also taught them to play real noughts and crosses - giving each a notebook and pencil, and I found that they got really hooked on it with no counters or anything else in sight!)

Another favourite here is Connect 4 (again with big counters).

I wouldn't let the babies get any of these, though!

For the garden, we have used a giant Snakes & Ladders mat, with a blow up dice and blow up markers. Typically, though, my lot (all boys) just rolled about on the mat, but it was interesting seeing what they would actually do with it!

Not a board game but have you tried "What's the time Mr Wolf?" or "Hide & Seek"? We love these games here. The babies get to learn counting and you can be quite creative with hiding places/using a clock to show the time, etc. No set up required - just a lot of energy.

:thumbsup:

L

hectors house
07-05-2015, 08:25 PM
I spend one to one time with my 3 year old mindee when younger children are having a nap - he loves playing Uno card game, Picture word lotto, Frustration, Number Bingo, Sound lotto. For older children we have Guess Who, Flounders, Number Lotto, Top trumps, tumbling monkeys, lunch box game and many more that I can't remember.

Kerry30
09-05-2015, 05:47 PM
Candyland is a favourite in my setting. Suitable for all ages and very easy to play. Altho its the youngest ones that dont cheat when playing! Its one can we take out too ☺

bunyip
09-05-2015, 06:02 PM
Sore point. :(

If they were easy, I might win some. :(

I'm currently losing a small fortune in side bets on my Maisy Mouse Race 'n' Chase game. :p

blue bear
09-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Our favourites at the moment - shopping games, the hungry caterpillar, the bad tempered ladybird we're going on a bear hunt.