PDA

View Full Version : good friday payment

gailee
08-01-2008, 10:50 AM
hi i'm working out my payment(invoice i get paid monthly) for easter which isn't far away??
who works on good friday and do you charge more ?? i don't normally work good friday but this year i might if i'm need?? and i'm just wondering what other childminder do?? thanks gail

sarah707
08-01-2008, 11:00 AM
I don't work statutory holidays or weekends... sorry!

angeldelight
08-01-2008, 11:13 AM
I always work Good Friday and charge normal fees because it is not actually a bank holiday

Angel xx

son77
08-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Not a bank hol?

My calendar says it is & when I was in employment I always had the fri off as a bank hol.

I charge £6 per hour for bank hols if required.

angeldelight
08-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Is it a bank holiday ?? Haha

Yes I suppose you are right because banks are closed that day and always have been

Just that I do not know one single person who gets the day off that day so I always get it in my head that it is not bank holiday

So now you have got me thinking now ?

I know for a fact that I will be working that day I have never ever charged extra

Does everyone else ?

Thanks for pointing this out

Angel xx

Lou
08-01-2008, 12:14 PM
I dont work bank hols (which it is, my gosh you were wrong Angel ha ha )

I still charge though if its a day the child would attend, as all my parents would still get paid. no one so far has questioned this.

angeldelight
08-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Hey Lou I am usually wrong I am blonde haha

You know now I think of it of course it is a bank holiday just that I never act like it is if you know what I mean

Hey they all owe me big time in late payments haha

Angel xx

Wiggly
08-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Oh Angel - you do make me laugh. Of course it is a Bank HOliday and I certainly wouldn't charge normal rate if I was going to work it.

Wiggly
x

angeldelight
08-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Right that is it then I am def going to charge for it hahaha

Seriously though we never ever ACT like it is a bank holiday here in Brum - it is the same as any other day apart from the fact you can have a hot cross bun that day if you want haha

I think this diet has affected my brain and it is only day 2 - god help me haha

Angel xx

oakie dokie
08-01-2008, 12:31 PM
i dont work bh but i would charge double fee, as thats what i got when i worked a bh when employed, and my hubby gets paid double too for bh.

hazelx

gailee
08-01-2008, 12:33 PM
people who work in retail don't usually have good friday off but i think they have either paid extra or have day in lieu?? one of my parents works in retail and she didn't have much time off at xmas so i'm presuming she want me to work?? and i was thinking of what to charge her if she came (like i said i don't normally work bank holiday but do charge)

chubbymummy
08-01-2008, 12:36 PM
it's definatly a bank holiday. bank holiday's are when the banks are on holiday "just as it says" i don't work bank holidays so i don't charge 'cos it's my choice.

if someone wanted me then i double my fee!!

oh angel, after all these years you should be able to take a year off, claiming back all the late payments...lol

berkschick
08-01-2008, 12:37 PM
I have it in my contracts that Bank Holidays are charged for regardless of whether the child attends or not. If I am required to work them then I charge double time, mainly to put the parents off cause I would rather not work them! I have also stated that Christmas day, Boxing day and New Years day are all classed as bank hols so I require payment if it would be a day where the child normally attends.

Love

Debbie

manjay
08-01-2008, 12:38 PM
I dont work bank hols (which it is, my gosh you were wrong Angel ha ha )

I still charge though if its a day the child would attend, as all my parents would still get paid. no one so far has questioned this.

Me too! I have always had Good Friday as a bank holiday but then I always did work in a bank! Lol

I do not work but charge if it is a contracted day. I have also put that I may work at my discretion for a massively inflated fee

amanda xx

angeldelight
08-01-2008, 12:41 PM
I need help doing a letter everyone

I need to claim back all that extra money that I have not been charging over the years almost 18 of them - god !!! haha

Silly me !!!!!

Angel xxx

manjay
08-01-2008, 12:47 PM
I need help doing a letter everyone

I need to claim back all that extra money that I have not been charging over the years almost 18 of them - god !!! haha

Silly me !!!!!

Angel xxx

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/yummymummyofthree/4_1_219.gif

amanda xx

Minnie Minx
08-01-2008, 01:46 PM
omg angel, what are like lol, just imagine if you could get all that back pay, you could probably afford a luxury holiday this year :D

xx

Rubybubbles
08-01-2008, 02:02 PM
OMG Angel I thought I had it wrong, I've just givin out my hols for march as put 5 days due to bank hols on Good friday and easter monday! :eek: haha

Glad I wasn't wrong, good luck with claiming it all back:laughing:

Oh I don't work BH!! and don't charge!

Rasharoon
08-01-2008, 02:13 PM
My policy states that if I'm needed, then I charge £10 per hour (more than double what I charge). Needless to say that as yet, nobody has requested my help - wonder why?
Doubt I'll be working Good Friday and Easter Monday so because they are a contracted day for a couple of my mindees, do I still charge a days money?
I always have a question and just want to be sure I've got it right?
Ta

chubbymummy
08-01-2008, 02:27 PM
i don't work bank holidays and so dont charge as it is my choice not to work, however in my fees i have said i will work if needed but will charge double.

i do know alot of childminders that charge a normal fee and still don't work and they would charge more if they actually worked it.

at the end of the day........it's down to your personnal preference.

angeldelight
08-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Guess what I could have been having an extra day off each year because I do not work bank holidays

How annoying is that ha

Angel xx

nat1664
08-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Ive put in my policeys that Im not to work and get paid in full :clapping:

carolinel
08-01-2008, 07:34 PM
haha Angel, you have made me laugh!!

I don't work bank hols and I don't charge either.

angeldelight
08-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Well I do the same as you Caroline - except I have been working that one - how dumb am I ha

Thing is how do I tell the parents this year they are going to think me very odd haha

Angel xx

manjay
08-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Thing is how do I tell the parents this year they are going to think me very odd haha

Angel xx

You never know, perhaps they already think you are odd!!! haha

amanda xx

angeldelight
08-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Hahaha thanks for that Amanda haha

xxxx

Spangles
08-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Oh .... I see what you mean! Ha ha!

How many years didn't you know Good Friday was a bank holiday? How funny! How could you not have noticed that? He he! Very funny!!!!

You are forgiven for making me think I'm mad!

angeldelight
08-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Haha knew that would make you feel better Lorri

Angel xx

lindylou
09-01-2008, 08:12 AM
I am a bit late on this post good friday is a bank holiday i never work bank hols but always charge if a child attends on that day and parents never question it as i always have it written into the contract that they pay in full
Lindax

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Oh well you are just all making me look even thicker haha

Angel xx

susi513
09-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Maybe you need to move Angel! I don't think any of my parents work on a Good Friday. No-ones ever queried why I'm not open, anyway.

I now have a week off at Easter on half fees - Good Friday, Easter Monday plus 4 days of my choosing (used to have the 4 days following easter monday til they decided one year to start term on the tue).

New Year = New contracts, maybe Angel :)

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Haha yeah Susi

I really can not understand why no one told me ha

Everyone I know does work - shops are open - just banks closed

My hubby - children - sisters - friends - everyone I know works Good Friday

I think yes I need to move ha

Angel xx