PDA

View Full Version : Paint recommendations

mumofone
06-05-2015, 12:06 PM
IM looking for some good paints, like poster paints that wash out if they were to get on kids clothes, preferably with kids so they can be stored and reused after each use and in good nice bright colours. Can anyone recommend me any? Thank you :-)

Maza
06-05-2015, 12:24 PM
I really like the ELC poster paints. You can get 10 percent discount if you register as a childminder with them. As for coming out of their clothes I'm not sure they are totally washable - I always have 'painting clothes' available if we are using them because one of my mindees hates wearing aprons. I just have a couple of old t-shirt of DDs. I have also got some nice glittery poster paint form the £1 shop. If you put a lid on the paint pots they will keep. I have stopped doing that and now use a little palate with about 10 small circles in it. I just add a tiny amount (the children do it too) and then top up if we need to. I find that I have less wastage and washing up and don't have paint post hanging around all weekend.

To save money, you could start with the primary colours and then black and white - then you can make any colour or shade that you want. x

loocyloo
06-05-2015, 12:38 PM
I think I got my last lot of paint from either Asda or Wilkinsons. It washes out as well as any paint does! ( avoid purple ... That NEVER washes out or off hands! )
I usually add a spot of washing up liquid to the paint.

I too used to use paint pots with lids and I still do occasionally, but I got some little paint trays and now we use those, or paint on old plastic plates. Less waste and less mess!

We use paint brushes, toothbrushes, sticks, cotton buds, forks, fingers, anything to paint with :-)

TinyTinker
07-05-2015, 12:31 PM
I find TEsco own paints in bottles to be good and come out of clothes, carpets etc ok....the worse ones I find are Crayola washable! terrible - first time I go them I had to send children home with green hands as it doesn't come off skin very easily!

Mouse
07-05-2015, 01:20 PM
I find TEsco own paints in bottles to be good and come out of clothes, carpets etc ok....the worse ones I find are Crayola washable! terrible - first time I go them I had to send children home with green hands as it doesn't come off skin very easily!

I agree with that - Crayola Washable paints definitely ARE NOT washable!

I sent one mindee home with ruined trousers and several have had paint-stained hands for weeks!

FloraDora
07-05-2015, 06:24 PM
I ordered these 18 months ago when I first started and there is plenty of painting happiness left.

Large bottles, lovely colours for quick setting up, always come off hands, I use aprons and theses are still looking good, comes out of the plastic too. Prior to buying them I bought a one off hobbycraft black - disaster!!! But black paint is notoriously bad...the one in this set has been ok.
I buy Sains basic shampoo for making bubbles in water play...but largely because it comes in a pump bottle and I then use that for self service paint station. The shampoo is actually ok to use on my hair in an emergency too!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009RNXQKW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage