PDA

View Full Version : funded places

leopardgirlx
05-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Just had a 4 year old start and mum wants to only use 15 hours a week so its fully funded - i get this bit lol ;)

this funding is for the current term (april - july)

ive logged in and filled out the forms using my LA provider portal. - i get this bit also

now... i was sent a load of documents via email from LA

some paperwork for mum to fill out - i am advised i need this back by a certain date in May - do i send this to LA?

ive sent the LA my bank details - when do they pay me termly / monthly?

any other tips/ advice would be great :)

Thanks ,

K x

lollipop kid
05-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Just had a 4 year old start and mum wants to only use 15 hours a week so its fully funded - i get this bit lol ;)

this funding is for the current term (april - july)

ive logged in and filled out the forms using my LA provider portal. - i get this bit also

now... i was sent a load of documents via email from LA

some paperwork for mum to fill out - i am advised i need this back by a certain date in May - do i send this to LA?

ive sent the LA my bank details - when do they pay me termly / monthly?

any other tips/ advice would be great :)

Thanks ,

K x

Some settings (such as Nurseries) only allow parents to take their funded hours over 5 days at 3 hours per day. Check out how much your local authority pays per hour. You might be lucky and find that it is around your hourly rate anyway. If not, then at least you know.

Yes on sending the paperwork back to LA. They pay termly. I'm a bit rusty on that side - it might be worth a call to your LA with these questions so you know how it's going to work for you.

I'd also be curious to know where the child has been before starting with you - have they left another setting mid-way through a term for example? If so, why? Does the child come with any existing Learning Journals that you can just keep going?

Just saying.

Good luck,

L