PDA

View Full Version : Rant!

Smileyface
03-05-2015, 07:05 PM
Hello everybody
I mind a 18 month old 3 days a week my holiday policy is if I'm off no charge but half pay for when they take holiday.... I've explained time and time again how this works which the mother never seems to get her next stunt is that she has texted me saying her husband will be off I've pay half term and her daughter may just come for half a day ( I know in her eyes she just thinks she will just have to pay whilst her daughter is here when in fact if she hasn't booked any holiday then I'll charge full pay for the days....
I'm so frustrated I was wondering if I could explain for the 100th time the holiday to the husband and hopefully he gets it x

natlou82
03-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Can you do a payment breakdown for 3/6/12 months showing how much will be due each month and what holidays they've taken. It may be useful to see it written down in black and white.

Simona
04-05-2015, 07:13 AM
Hello everybody
I mind a 18 month old 3 days a week my holiday policy is if I'm off no charge but half pay for when they take holiday.... I've explained time and time again how this works which the mother never seems to get her next stunt is that she has texted me saying her husband will be off I've pay half term and her daughter may just come for half a day ( I know in her eyes she just thinks she will just have to pay whilst her daughter is here when in fact if she hasn't booked any holiday then I'll charge full pay for the days....
I'm so frustrated I was wondering if I could explain for the 100th time the holiday to the husband and hopefully he gets it x

The best way may be to put it in your contract...simple wording that leave the parents in no doubt!...and get them to sign in agreement !

bunyip
04-05-2015, 07:23 AM
The problem with all service industries is you do often find yourself having to smile sympathetically and "professionally" explain the bl33din' obvious to the hard of thinking for the nineteen billionth time. :(

Have you tried explaining it whilst holding a baseball bat at the same time? :rolleyes:

childcareclair
07-05-2015, 12:47 PM
I had to say this once...

"its like you going into the office to find nothing is working and you get sent home.....paid of course" I have put myself in the parents shoes a number of times, there's just no way I would be that cheeky!