PDA

View Full Version : Working in partnership...

mumofone
29-04-2015, 07:08 PM
Do I need parents consent before I make contact with the child's other setting (eg pre school)? Or should I?

moggy
29-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Yes, I get a general permission to work with other agencies/settings when a child joins. Then when another setting becomes involved I write a letter to other setting addressed from me AND parents to introduce myself and asking to work together saying parents give permission for that, signed by me AND parents.

mumofone
29-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Yes, I get a general permission to work with other agencies/settings when a child joins. Then when another setting becomes involved I write a letter to other setting addressed from me AND parents to introduce myself and asking to work together saying parents give permission for that, signed by me AND parents.

Thanks moggy, is that in the form an actual permissions form or just a verbal/email agreement?

moggy
30-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Thanks moggy, is that in the form an actual permissions form or just a verbal/email agreement?

I have 1 permission form listing all the permissions I need and parents tick them all and sign once. This covers everything from permission to taking in my car, on outings, for working with other settings/agencies, sleeping in buggy, carrying in sling, photo/video permission etc etc

mumofone
30-04-2015, 07:21 PM
I have 1 permission form listing all the permissions I need and parents tick them all and sign once. This covers everything from permission to taking in my car, on outings, for working with other settings/agencies, sleeping in buggy, carrying in sling, photo/video permission etc etc

Thanks Moggy, thats great :-)
Slightly off topic but do we need persmission for carrying in a sling? I hadnt even thought of that..

moggy
30-04-2015, 07:29 PM
Thanks Moggy, thats great :-)
Slightly off topic but do we need persmission for carrying in a sling? I hadnt even thought of that..

I use slings a lot so I do have a policy and a permission. If you have no plans to use a sling then you don't need one.

Simona
02-05-2015, 06:52 AM

If you take on a child who already attends another setting then I would ensure the parents act as go-between....the What to expect when? document is the one to use as the tool for sharing.

It will be a requirement to share information but we know that some nurseries/preschools are a bit reluctant.
To make it more official I would put 'permission to share information with other settings' in your contract...then it is a binding requirement not a verbal agreement....it is in the parents' interests to ensure this is in place.