PDA

View Full Version : Mindee was physically sick today

mumofone
27-04-2015, 07:16 PM
My mindee was physically sick just before she went home today at mine. What paperwork do I need to do if any? :-)

moggy
27-04-2015, 07:48 PM
No paperwork needed for vomiting, fortunately! (unless 2 or more people get food poisoning at your setting, then it needs reporting!)
Just make sure parents know she can not come back to your care for 48 hours AFTER the LAST symptoms/vomiting.

Mouse
27-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Although you don't need any specific paperwork, I write up a note saying child was sick at X time on X date and that as per HPA guidance parents understand they can't attend for 48 hours after the last bout of sickness. If they are sick again at home it will be 48 hours from then. I get parents to sign it and I give them a copy. That way there's no way a parent can try bringing the child back for at least 48 hours.

rickysmiths
27-04-2015, 08:33 PM
I had one who was sick at 5.10 today, 20 mins before home time. I won't see them until Thursday morning now at the earliest if they aren't sick again. I felt terrible telling the parents because at home time the child was happy and running around. Thankfully I have very understanding parents.

mumofone
28-04-2015, 05:46 AM
Thanks guys, do you still charge parents for the time they're off?

natlou82
28-04-2015, 06:11 AM
Yes I charge full. I personally hate that bit but at the end of the day I am still open and can't fill the space. The D+V bug has been horrendous round here for the last 2 months (I've had to close 3 times!) and if I didn't charge it would be having a big impact on my income.

Mouse
28-04-2015, 07:13 AM

What does it say in your contracts and sickness or payment policy? My payment policy states that full payment is due if a child is off sick and my sickness policy reinforces that fact that if a child is sent home ill they have to stay off for the time recommended by the HPA (and until I say they are OK to come back) and that full fee is due for this time.

moggy
28-04-2015, 12:44 PM

Yes, full fees for child's time off for any reason (sickness, holiday, family days out etc), as stated in my contract.

rickysmiths
28-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Yes full fees.

One turned up this morning. Not best pleased mum said they were not on top form. Runny runny smelly poo within 30 mins and threw all over the floor 10 mins later bringing up the Calpol they must have had just before they came to me :angry: When home straight away and I made it clear I now knew about the Calpol mum hadn't told me about. Not a happy bunny.