View Full Version : What paperwork do you give to parents when a child leaves?

27-04-2015, 11:04 AM
I have a mindee due to leave me before the summer hols...what do I give the parents when he leaves? I know we have to hold on to some things but not sure what? I was thinking I would hold on to contracts, consent, permission forms etc, and trackers...but mt development files are basically split into the 7 areas and have photo's with notes on what we have done...wow moments and then I have observations (which also include photos). I was thinking all this to the parents??

27-04-2015, 01:24 PM
I give them their learning journal - this includes eyfs tracker docs, obs, pics, worksheets, drawing, mark making etc. All contract, permission type docs are kept by me!

27-04-2015, 01:52 PM
LJ goes with the child. But I keep a copy of the 2-yr check as it is a Statutory document and I want to be able to show I have done it if ever asked. I also keep a copy of their progress tracker sheet to prove progress made while at my setting, not a requirement but I feel happier knowing I have it!

Contracts, info forms, letters, policies agreements, permissions, medical/accident forms etc. I keep and archive.

27-04-2015, 03:19 PM
I give them their LJ and a disc with a copy of all the photos I have taken of them.

They already have a copy of the Contract etc

I keep their folder with their Contract and all signed forms, Copy of 2 year check if I have done one I add any Accident, Incident or Medication forms of theirs from the folder and I add the photo I always take of the parents with the child and the most up to date one of the child when they leave. This folder then goes in a box in the Attic until the child is 21 and 4 months old when it is shredded. Attendance Registers which all my parents sign are also in a box in the attic and are kept for the same 21 years + so I can refer to them if ever there was a claim and know the child was actually in my care. and be able to prove it.

27-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Great, thanks everyone...I shall make copies of anything I'd like to keep and put that with the contracts/permissions etc.