PDA

View Full Version : confused with contracts.

sab
27-04-2015, 10:38 AM
I have just registered and have a 5 year old lg starting 7:30 - drop off at school mon to Fri but how would this work during half term as mom only needs her to come to me a couple of days during the hols. Would I do a term time and half term contract separately. Confused.

lpatters
27-04-2015, 01:28 PM
I have just registered and have a 5 year old lg starting 7:30 - drop off at school mon to Fri but how would this work during half term as mom only needs her to come to me a couple of days during the hols. Would I do a term time and half term contract separately. Confused.
I do a term time only contract for my after schoolers. If they need additional care during the hols, I ask them to let me know in advance so I know I have the space. I write this on the contract where you can add additional info. I also ask them to pay in advance.

rickysmiths
27-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Where I write the normal hours on the Contract and put Term Time only I put a note that some holiday care may be needed and that I require 4 weeks notice in writing with payment at the time of booking. Payment not refunded if the place then isn't used. Then it is all clear on the Contract.

The booking form will have the days and dated of the holiday so 5 days for each of the half terms each on a separate form. Then a form with the Easter Holidays, one for Christmas and one for the summer. I mark any of the days I am taking as holiday each time I give out a form.

I also have a form for Inset Days

I give them to the parent 3 weeks at least before the 4 week booking deadline. The forms are then signed by both of us when the parent returns them with the date I was given them. I give the parent a copy with a receipt for the payment and keep the original for my records.

bunyip
28-04-2015, 06:16 PM
First things first, regarding the school run. Write the contract in terms of the times at which you will provide care. This may sound crazy but never guarantee to take the child to school or pick them up afterwards. Make this clear.

2 reasons for this:-

You need to be covered against circumstances outside your control which may prevent you reaching school: bad weather, road blocked, etc. This may sound unlikely but in less than 4 years of school runs, I've been confronted with: road blocked by lorry wedged under rail bridge; chemical spillage; road closed by fire brigade tackling a fire with risk of exploding gas cylinders. I found a way round only because I was on foot and prepared to yomp over a field of killer cows but might easily have been prevented from getting to school at all.
It saves arguments when school has something different going on. Typically, our school is notoriously bad at getting children back from trips on time. Anything up to 90 minutes late. By not guaranteeing to collect, I avoid any issue of having to stand in the rain with 2 children waiting for the 3rd to roll off the coach from The Wonderland Zoo (.................and to anyone who recognises the reference: don't look now, but you're showing your age :D )

How to put the holiday agreement on the contract will depend on the details of the agreement. The phrase "...a couple of days during the hols..." is vague at best; at worst it could be the kind of thing that gets you royally scr3w3d over. Have you agreed fixed days and times, or does mum believe she's got you on a string for any days and times she want, if she wants you at all? :p