PDA

View Full Version : online journals

crumpet54
26-04-2015, 07:56 PM
ok so im not sure what we can and cannot say on this board so I will try my best!
basically I am in the pre reg stage but I know 100% that I want to go down the online route, so which one?
I would like to have a practice and use my 1 year old daughter, so by the time I become a cm I will be more confident etc

m e g a m I n d e r / m I n d I n g m a t t e r s - I know they seem to do a lot, I do like the sound of what they offer but not heard much about them on here recently? not sure why? I contacted them about using it as a trial and they said there would have to be a 12.50 service charge to give me a temp reg number while I wait for my own

Tap.... ive heard mention ALOT lately on here, think I will look into this a bit more
orb.. not sure if I fancy that one??

is there any others to consider? I don't want to use 'b' days, anything else? recommendations?

loocyloo
26-04-2015, 08:46 PM
I use 2simple. They only do observation and assorted relevant bits.
You can send it to parents but I don't currently.
I have it as an app on my Android phone and tablet synched to my pc. I find it very quick and easy to use. The customer support is great too.

Lots of schools use 2simple and they have a big learning platform etc.

crumpet54
26-04-2015, 08:59 PM
ooh thank you I will have a look x

crumpet54
27-04-2015, 09:28 PM
anyone use m e g a m I n d e r s / m I n d I n g m a t t e r s ???

Rubybubbles
28-04-2015, 07:25 AM
I've not really heard much about meg-a mindEr. I personally use TapAStry, lots of receptions and preschools also use. Depending on your location that is! I moved from Hampshire and between myself an 2 other settings the child attended we all had access to share-it was brilliant! Most let you trial so maybe do that and see what suits you best. 2-simple I've heard good things about but come across TapAStry first lol Don't forget you can still go good old fashioned paperwork ;-)

hectors house
28-04-2015, 07:49 AM
I've not really heard much about meg-a mindEr. I personally use TapAStry, lots of receptions and preschools also use. Depending on your location that is! I moved from Hampshire and between myself an 2 other settings the child attended we all had access to share-it was brilliant! Most let you trial so maybe do that and see what suits you best. 2-simple I've heard good things about but come across TapAStry first lol Don't forget you can still go good old fashioned paperwork ;-)

How do you share Tapestry with other settings, I just have the setting set up as "other relative" but then they can only see the same as the parents and can comment on or add observations? I have tried setting them up as key worker to the shared child but found that they could still view all the other children's journals too. The Nursery my current mindee goes to doesn't use Tapestry but another mindee is starting a different Nursery in Sept and they do use Tapestry - do we do 2 separate journals or share just one?

Simona
28-04-2015, 07:49 AM
There are a few discussions at the moment regarding 'online' journals and many are familiar to Cms such as Tapestry or Orbit.

I would like to clarify one thing though...any LJ you devise for yourself is 'online' and easily accessible by parents where they can input anything they like....photos can be uploaded just like any of the commercial versions which you have to pay for...your own is free and can be updated at any time there is a change in the regulation or legislation.

crumpet54
28-04-2015, 08:57 AM
Thanks for info, definitely think online in such sense is the way forward, I've joined the groups on a certain f bk site and im going to sign up for trials on T and M/M and use my 12mth old daughter as a practice!