PDA

View Full Version : Next steps

lpatters
26-04-2015, 08:42 AM
How often do you all do next steps? Should I do them with each observation or is it ok to review all observations every now and again and do then this way? Wgen would you first do next steps for a new child in your care? x

FloraDora
26-04-2015, 09:18 AM
I do next steps immediately, from the info parent has given and the couple of visits we have had, they are sometimes short term as I get to know the child better I may decide other areas might need a priority. Mrs O commented that this was good practise, that they expect to see now..rather than a child be there for 6 weeks whilst you assess.

I aim to decide on whether next steps have been achieved and review half termly with parents, some are carried over, others have been easily achieved. I only record next steps in priority areas, where we need to put some input into helping and supporting child to achieve, not every day next steps, I carry loads around in my head, little ones that are achieved by providing normal everyday activities or routines. Sometimes I add a next step mid period if the child has achieved easily and is well ready to move on in the first couple of weeks.

Next steps is really just to focus you when planning for the child's development so that you provide an appropriate enabling environment for individual needs.

joannetalbot
26-04-2015, 05:15 PM
I do virtually the same as FloraDora :thumbsup:

lpatters
26-04-2015, 07:23 PM
Thank you. :thumbsup:

New to this and still trying to find my feet. x