PDA

View Full Version : Ad hoc holiday cover low income funding

Mynewventure
23-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Hello I've only just started minding I have had a parent book me for holiday cover for her 6 year old & is signing & paying the the full amount this afternoon ( yay ) the hours suit me fine as I have space for her child however she mentioned she would claim the money back as she is low income & she wants my Ofsted number ? I haven't registered for this & should I have done this so she can claim it back ? She didn't really know either , I don't really mind either way as long as I get my fee's before he starts in my care. Thanks for any advice ?

lollipop kid
23-04-2015, 02:12 PM
Hello I've only just started minding I have had a parent book me for holiday cover for her 6 year old & is signing & paying the the full amount this afternoon ( yay ) the hours suit me fine as I have space for her child however she mentioned she would claim the money back as she is low income & she wants my Ofsted number ? I haven't registered for this & should I have done this so she can claim it back ? She didn't really know either , I don't really mind either way as long as I get my fee's before he starts in my care. Thanks for any advice ?

I've done this before. It was fine. Basically, if you are registered and she's paid for the period in advance, then at the end of the ad hoc period (you'll need to still do a contract and all the other paperwork/permissions as normal though), then all she'll need from you is a letter stating how much she paid you (I broke mine down week by week) for adhoc holiday care in respect of x child.

Give her your Ofsted number by all means as part of the signing up paperwork - not before. Then stress to her that she is responsible for informing HMRC when the childcare finishes.

Hope that helps,

L

Mynewventure
23-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Ah I see , that's great , thanks lollipop for your help x