PDA

View Full Version : HELP. EY2 form

Amanda70
23-04-2015, 12:59 PM
Hi, when my husband and 16 year old daughter fill out their EY2 will they have to have their own government gateway account.

Amanda70
23-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Hi, it's ok I've figured it out. It isn't clear at all , Ofsted send a link to your partners email account but fail to tell them that they have to register to the government gateway and do it through that!!!! Unbelievable.

Claire1976
24-04-2015, 03:56 PM
I agree, it's not very clear at all. My husband started his ey2 form under my gateway account, then we realised he needed his own! He set that up and filled in most of the form while he waited for his DBS number. By the time it came through he'd forgotten his gateway details and and to start all over again!! :rolleyes:

Amanda70
24-04-2015, 03:59 PM
I can't believe how long the process has taken and the cost of it all

mumofone
24-04-2015, 05:31 PM

God I know!!

Claire1976
24-04-2015, 07:15 PM

It really is a long and expensive process isn't it.

Little Dots
24-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Do you mean registering to be a childminder or just the dbs part? How long has it taken you & how much has it cost?

I have my introduction meeting on Monday, I've had to wait 2mth for that, don't know when course is or how long realistically it'll be until I'm registered, was hoping before start of term in September but not 100% sure? X

Claire1976
24-04-2015, 11:28 PM
Do you mean registering to be a childminder or just the dbs part? How long has it taken you & how much has it cost?

I have my introduction meeting on Monday, I've had to wait 2mth for that, don't know when course is or how long realistically it'll be until I'm registered, was hoping before start of term in September but not 100% sure? X

Hi Little Dots, I did my briefing meeting in February last year; the next available introduction to childcare course run by the council was in April last year and that lasted 3 weeks. I was pregnant at the time so decided to wait until after I had the baby to start the registration process! I did my first aid course in November and started the actual Ofsted process in January this year. My DBS check took a month to come back, my husbands was back in 10 days! Took my Dr an age to complete my medical form (at a cost of £87!) and I'm now 2 weeks on from submitting my Ofsted forms. I'm now waiting for my Ofsted security token so I can pay my fee and await for the call from my inspector. Once you submit the forms to Ofsted I believe it can take up to 12 weeks to be registered. It's taken me a year to get to this point but then my registration was delayed because of my pregnancy! I'm sure it can be done quicker than that, I was in no rush so just completed each step before starting the next. Good luck :)

Amanda70
25-04-2015, 02:27 PM

Hi, I started my childminding course on 5th January with Pacey and that cost nearly $200, finished it on 15th February after spending every spare minute working on it. I went on the L.A course which was only two weeks just telling me everything I had already researched myself about how to go about it all.

I sent for DBS x 3 which only came back last week, first aid course, health declaration done, all in all cost over $500 in total. I've applied to Ofsted this week. My advice to you would be send for your DBS now as mine took 2 1/2 months and held me up applying to Ofsted. :)