PDA

View Full Version : bleeding lip advice please

julie w
22-04-2015, 10:11 AM
An 14months old has just tripped and bitten into her bottom lip. Ive never seen so much blood. Ive applied cold flannel. She wont suck on an ice pop. An other ideas please? Ive stopped the bleeding but it looks awful. Thank you

AliceK
22-04-2015, 10:22 AM
An 14months old has just tripped and bitten into her bottom lip. Ive never seen so much blood. Ive applied cold flannel. She wont suck on an ice pop. An other ideas please? Ive stopped the bleeding but it looks awful. Thank you

It sounds like you have done all you can, maybe she will have an icepop once the shock has worn off. If it were me, after I had done the accident form I would send a text to parent just warning them but assuring them that LO is fine. I think it's horrible as a parent to turn up to collect your child to be presented with an injury that looks terrible. I much prefer to warn parents.

xx

lollipop kid
22-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Mini milk ice lolly. I keep a supply in my fridge just for times like these (one of mine used to cut her lip every week and once she actually bit into her tongue! - thankfully she is way past this stage now and hasn't fallen over for ages. One of the perils of learning to walk, sadly.)

Accident form and text parent just to warn them. It won't look as bad at home-time.

x

L

hectors house
22-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Nothing more you can do really - I had a child for 4 years who fell over on a daily basis and often put his teeth through his lip!

sing-low
22-04-2015, 12:07 PM
Oh dear, poor LO! Bitten lips/tongues tend to heal quite quickly because of all the saliva washing around. Agree with others, text parents to warn and try with ice lolly later. Maybe if everyone has one, she will join in?